The Absorbine UltraShield EX contains 1.00% piperonyl butoxide, 0.10% pyrethrins, and 0.50% permethrin as its active ingredients – and it’s one of the best fly sprays for horses.
Initial pros to note about this fly control product for your horse is that it’s sweat-resistant and weatherproof – thus will work great both for outdoors and indoors horse fly control.
Absorbine was developed by Mary Ida Young, a horse enthusiast and an herbalist and gardener, who aimed to use more humane and less painful treatment methods on her horses. Therefore, Mary developed Absorbine in 1892, suing various herbal and natural ingredients, which has over the years to be a trusted brand for horse fly control.
Sweat-resistant and weatherproof
Absorbine Ultrashield EX is among the top horse fly repellent you can find in the market today. As noted above, this horse fly spray is both sweat-resistant and weatherproof, and hence your horse will be protected against flies even during rains or sunshine.
The formula will stick on your horse’s skin and won’t thus dislodge easily – being active for about 17 days. It’ll protect your horse against harsh UV rays of the sun, in addition to working as an excellent sunscreen.
Kills different insects
Due to its powerful active ingredients, this Absorbine Ultrashield EX will, in addition to repelling flies, will also kill other insects such as ticks, mosquitoes, pesky flies, and gnats. Therefore, it gives one peace of mind that you won’t have to use a different formula for the other insects, resulting in cost and time-saving.
In addition to controlling insects in horses, this Absorbine Ultrashield EX will also work for other animals such as dogs. Luckily, you can also spray the product on the dog’s and horse’s stalls or bedding for greater effectiveness.
What I love about Absorbine UltraShield EX
1. This Absorbine UltraShield EX has a sunscreen that will protect the horse’s coat and skin from dangerous UV rays
2. After single spraying, you won’t require a re-application for the next round 3 weeks, leading to time and cost-saving.
3. Being sweat-proof and weatherproof, this Absorbine UltraShield EX will provide more extended protection to your horse as it remains on the animal’s coat without the ease of dislodging due to sweat or weather factors such as rain.
4. In addition to being useful in killing and repelling insects in horses, it’s also great in dogs. Even it can kill and repel mosquitoes and ticks.
Cons about Absorbine UltraShield EX
1. This Absorbine UltraShield EX might not be useful for all horse flies. Therefore, you’ll need to check the horse fly species you should target depending on your region.
How to apply Absorbine UltraShield EX
You’ll need to brush the horse to get rid of excessive dust or dirt on the animal’s coat or skin. Next, moisten a cloth with the horse spray and rub it on the animal’s fur. However, the wiping process will be more effective if you’re doing it against the horse’s hair growth direction.
Equally, you’ll also need to brush the dust and dirt off the horse’s skin and coat. Now spray the horse using the product due to avoid the mucous membranes and the eyes. Ensure you stream all the crucial areas of the horses.
Eggs constitute a major part of the human diet - most of us love them just like cabbage. They are not only delicious but also contain essential vitamins, minerals and proteins. But can bearded...
There are some know cockroach predators that can help you keep off those chemical roach killers and also cut on the pest control costs. On what animals eat cockroaches; they include some reptiles,...