The Absorbine UltraShield EX contains 1.00% piperonyl butoxide, 0.10% pyrethrins, and 0.50% permethrin as its active ingredients – and its one of the best fly spray for horses.
Initial pros to note about this fly control product for your horse is that it’s sweat-resistant and weatherproof – thus will work great both for outdoors and indoors horse fly control.
Absorbine was developed by Mary Ida Young, a horse enthusiast – in addition to being an herbalist and gardener, who aimed to use more humane and less painful treatment methods on her horses. Therefore, Mary developed Absorbine in 1892 suing various herbal and natural ingredients, which has over the years to be a trusted brand for horse fly control.
Sweat-resistant and weatherproof
Absorbine Ultrashield EX is among the top horse fly repellent you can find in the market today. As noted above this horse fly spray is both sweat-resistant and weatherproof and hence your horse will be protected against flies even during rains or sunshine.
The formula will stick on your horse’s skin and won’t thus dislodge easily – being active for about 17 days. It’ll protect your horse against harsh UV rays of the sun, in addition to working like an excellent sunscreen
Kills different insects
Due to its powerful active ingredients, this Absorbine Ultrashield EX will in addition to repelling flies, will also kill other insects such as ticks, mosquitoes, pesky flies and gnats. Therefore, it gives one peace of mind that you won’t have to use a different formula for the other insects, which also results in cost and time saving.
In addition to controlling insects in horses, this Absorbine Ultrashield EX will also work for other animals such as dogs. Luckily, you can also spray the product on the dog’s and horse’s stalls or bedding for greater effectiveness.
What I love about Absorbine UltraShield EX
1. This Absorbine UltraShield EX has a sunscreen that will protect the horse’s coat and skin from dangerous UV rays
2. After a single spraying, you won’t require a re-application for the next around 3 weeks and thus lead to time and cost saving.
3. Being sweat-proof and weatherproof, this Absorbine UltraShield EX will provide longer protection to your horse as it remains on the animal’s coat without ease of dislodging due to sweat or weather factors such as rain.
4. In addition to being effective in killing and repelling insects in horses, it’s also great in dogs. Also, it can also kill and repel mosquitoes and ticks.
Cons about Absorbine UltraShield EX
1. This Absorbine UltraShield EX might not be effective for all horse flies. Therefore, you’ll need to check the species of the horse fly you should target depending on your region.
How to apply Absorbine UltraShield EX
You’ll need to brush the horse to get rid of excessive dust or dirt on the animal’s coat or skin. Next, moisten a cloth with the horse spray and rub it on the animal’s coat. However, the wiping process will be more effective if you’re doing it against the direction of the horse’s hair growth.
Equally, you’ll also need to brush the dust and dirt off the horse’s skin and coat. Now spray the horse using the product due avoid the mucous membranes and the eyes. Ensure you spray all the crucial areas of the horses.
Bedbugs and scabies are parasites that'll bite and prey on humans. So, what are the differences between scabies vs. bed bugs? In summary, bedbugs are ovular light brown parasites that...
Cockroaches never go away, they never rest, they persist, they adapt and reproduce more - which is makes it super difficult to control these household bugs - try the best roach bait. Below I've...