Searching for the best flea drops for cats can be an overwhelming task due to the many options available for sale online and at your local pet stores.
You may have read many cat flea treatment reviews, which have been confusing for a person who’s not a professional exterminator.
We want to simplify the process for you by sharing with you five of the best flea drops for cats based on our research and experience. Check the top flea drops.
- Topical drop formula kills fleas and deer ticks
- Includes 3 monthly treatments in easy to apply, single dose tubes
- Repels mosquitoes for 18 days
- For use on cats and kittens 12 weeks and older weighing 5 pounds and over
Pet Defender Plus is another versatile anti-flea remedy that will benefit you if you own pets.
- Its formulation consists of Fipronil and (S)-Methoprene, the two active ingredients on the famous Frontline Plus.
- The formula is potent against adult fleas, larvae, and eggs. It also decimates ticks and chewing lice.
The package you’ll receive when you order comprises three single-month regimens contained in simple one-dose tubes that make the application a breeze.
An application is further made easy by Hartz’s patented applicator they call Pro-Cision Flo. The device makes it possible for the pesticide to penetrate long and short fur to access your cat’s skin.
- Pet Defender Plus is often marketed as fast-acting, long-lasting, and water-resistant.
- This means you can bathe your furry partner as frequently as you please without interfering with the potency and performance of the topical drop formula.
Use this anti-flea formula on cats aged eight weeks and above and weighing higher than 1.5 lbs.
- 6-month supply of advantage II topical large cat flea prevention
- Easy-to-apply and pre-measured flea treatment application tubes, fragrance-free and waterproof after 24 hours
- Advantage II large cat flea prevention kills fleas through contact, meaning fleas don’t have to bite your cat in order to die.Avoid contact with eyes or clothing
- Starts working within 12 hours and protects your cat for up to 30 days. Kills fleas in multiple life stages; Eggs, larvae and adults to break the flea life cycle
- Vet recommended, fragrance free and designed specifically to treat and prevent fleas on cats
Pet owners who seek the help of veterinarians are often advised to buy the Bayer Advantage II. Vets recommend it because it’s one of the most effective remedies for flea prevention in cats.
- It comes as no surprise that it’s among the best-selling treatment options for cat fleas.
- Advantage II works through contact; therefore, fleas don’t need to bite your cat first before the treatment can work on them.
Since the treatment targets only parasites that come into contact with a treated cat, it will not help with a house infestation.
We recommend you treat your house as well as protect your pets against fleas adequately.
Not only does it decimate adult fleas, but it also interrupts their life cycle ensuring that none develops to maturity.
- Put another way; Advantage II is active against the insects, their larvae, and their eggs. It is also active against lice.
- When applied, it will kill adult fleas in five to ten minutes. It decimates flea eggs and larvae in just 20 minutes.
All the fleas will be gone in about twelve hours following after you apply the insecticide. And your cat will be protected for a whole month.
- A package contains six one-month applications.
- You can choose from 3 different sizes, depending on the weight of your cat. It works on kittens from 8 weeks of age.
Bayer Advantage II flea drop is practical, easy to apply, and safe. It won’t irritate your cat’s skin.
Related: Flea collars for cats
- Topical flea treatment and prevention designed just for cats
- Long-lasting treatment protects against fleas through 6 weeks
- One-size-fits-all for all cats and kittens over 1. 8 lbs. and 8 weeks old
- Rounded tip applicator for comfortable, easy application
- Starts killing fleas in only 30 minutes and kills 98-100% of fleas in 12 hours in a controlled study
- Protection against al fleas stages for all kinds of cats
- Long lasting flea control
Next up on the list of best flea drops for cats is this Vectra Green is a premium quality alternative treatment for preventing cat fleas.
- It works against all stages of the lifecycle of this dreadful pest. Use it to kill flea eggs, larvae, pupae, and adults within six hours.
- According to the manufacturer, it kills flea species that may transmit cat diseases, including tularemia, tapeworm, and bartonellosis.
It is also active against strains that are suspected of causing anemia and allergic dermatitis.
This flea drop for cats features two active ingredients – dinotefuran and pyriproxyfen. These ingredients are robust and work in synergy to decimate all stages of cat fleas.
Once applied, it dries quickly and forms no grease. The formulation contains a bitterant to discourage the pet from abusing the drops via inhalation.
Unlike many cat drops for fleas, this one comes with a patented extension tube to allow application in hard-to-reach areas.
Furthermore, it is one of the few flea remedies that you can use to clean items in your home, including window blinds, collectibles, craft projects, lampshades, and sewing machines.
- These are the typical hiding places for fleas.
- Do you hope to use the same flea drop for all your pets? Sorry, Vectra Green is specially formulated for cats and only the ones that weigh 9lbs and above.
It won’t be active on dogs or other pets. It comes as a three one-month treatment meaning one package will protect your cat for up to 3 months.
Related: Ear Mites Treatment for Cats
- EFFECTIVE, WATERPROOF FLEA TREATMENT FOR CATS: PetArmor Plus is a waterproof, flea & tick topical prevention for cats that kills fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, ticks, and chewing lice for up to 30 days after application.
- TRUSTED, VET QUALITY* FORMULA: Containing fipronil and (S)-methoprene, the same active ingredients as FRONTLINE Plus for Cats. PetArmor Plus for Cats has a powerful formula that starts to kill fleas within 24 hours.
- BREAK THE FLEA CYCLE: Unlike other flea and tick treatments that may temporarily suppress flea activity, PETARMOR Plus Cat Flea Treatment works by effectively breaking the flea life cycle! Kill flea eggs and larvae to prevent re-infestation.
- FLEA AND TICK PROTECTION: PetArmor Plus for Cats flea drops protects your furry family members from brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, Lone Star ticks, and deer ticks (which may transmit Lyme disease).
- EASY-TO-USE, LONG-LASTING: PetArmor Plus flea and tick treatment comes with three (3) waterproof topical applications that provides your pet flea protection and control for three (3) months.
The fleas that have been terrorizing your cats do not stand a chance with this powerful flea drop by PetArmor.
- It disrupts the lifecycle of insects by killing eggs, larvae, adults. It is also potent against ticks and chewing lice. The effects of the formula last for 30 days following application.
- Plus for cats is vet-quality and is highly potent. It will start killing fleas approximately 24 hours after application and achieves peak performance in about 48 hours.
While it will protect your cat against adult fleas for one month, it has long-lasting effects on eggs and larvae which it will continue killing for up to 12 weeks.
The two powerful ingredients responsible for the actions of PetArmor Plus are Fipronil and S-methoprene.
If you purchase this product, the delivery will include three 0.017 fl. oz topical applications that are water-resistant. You can groom your furry friend without interfering with the potency of the flea drop.
This pesticide drop is formulated for cats weighing from 1.5 lbs and older than eight weeks.
Besides fleas, PetArmor Plus can also protect your cat against tick infestation. However, you should read the provided instructions carefully before using them on your pets.
No products found.
The Arava Control Drops are ideal for pet owners who have more than one pet and facing severe flea infestation.
- This versatile anti-flea regimen is effective on cats, dogs, and even their puppies. Besides, it can kill ticks and lice in addition to fleas.
- Apply it, and all the fleas will be gone within the first hours, making it one of the quickest flea control drops in the market.
Its formulation consists of eleven 100% natural essential oils that will decimate the existing fleas and prohibit new ones from jumping onto the cat’s fur.
When you apply the solution to your furry friend’s skin, it will be absorbed and spread all over the skin.
- This process will take up to 3 days. Once fully absorbed, Arava will kill existing fleas and discourage new ones from hopping on board.
- You’ll need to reapply the drops after every 3-4 weeks to prevent new fleas from infesting your pet.
It means you don’t bathe your dog for all this period to maintain the efficacy of the drops.
If your safety and that of your pet are sources of concern, then you’ll be glad that Arava Control Drops is one of the few FDA-approved anti-flea remedies. The remedy is chemical-free and paraben-free.
Imagine the level of discomfort severe itchiness causes. Your cat feels this and even worse if flea infestation overwhelms it.
- In extreme cases, your pet can have anemia, severe allergic dermatitis, and parasitic infestation.
- Do you know these complications can kill your beloved cat if you do not take a drastic step to get rid of the fleas?
If you are aware of this risk, do you know the best flea drops for cats that can kill all the insects and guarantee your furry friend months of near-perfect health?