Looking for the best flea spray for your home? Say no more! In this post, I’ll discuss that and other related questions.
- Flea bites and flea infestations are everyday problems for most pet owners. The bugs will jump from one pet to another or the yard while spreading diseases.
A suitable flea spray will exterminate the adult roaches while killing other flea stages; the eggs and larvae.
In a Hurry? View Our Flea Spray for Home
[amazon bestseller=”Best Flea Spray for Home” items=”2″ template=”table”]
[amazon box=”B0074YKTCY” template=”horizontal”]
[amazon box=”B00C2O3PT0″ template=”horizontal”]
Adams Plus flea and tick spray work in two ways. One is an egg killer (Etofenprox) by stopping the flea eggs from growing into larva.
And two as an Insect growth regulator (S-Methoprene) by delaying the flea’s growth stages for up to 2 months. Aside from killings fleas, it also helps in keeping off mosquitoes.
The spray can be applied directly on carpets, upholstery, outdoor surfaces, yards, and any other surface that pets come into contact with.
- If you have pets (cats and dogs), you can apply the Adams spray to help stop the flea infestation spread.
- It is only recommended for adult dogs and puppies above ten weeks old and for adult cats and kittens above 12 weeks old.
The manufacturer’s instructions are that the spray should be used only once a month, so be sure to do just that to avoid overload, especially on your pets.
If you are sensitive to smells, you might be repelled by its strong scent, so when applying it to your pets, do it outdoors.
Related Content: Quality Flea Bombs
[amazon box=”B003PRI6OC” template=”horizontal”]
Vet’s Best Flea and Tick home spray are all-natural formulated insecticides. It is listed on the Environmental Protection Agency as one of the pesticides with low risk.
It comprises two active ingredients- peppermint (30%) and Eugenol (70%), which is a clove extract. The properties of these two essential oils, repel fleas and ticks.
Vet’s Best Flea and Tick home spray are easy to use; you spray directly to the infested area.
It can be applied to furniture, beddings (requires very light spray), carpets, upholstery, dog beddings, and even outdoor surfaces.
You can also apply directly to older puppies and dogs but be cautious as some pets may react. The great thing about it is that it does not leave stains on surfaces and has a rather pleasant smell.
- You can comfortably use Vet’s Best Flea and Tick home spray around children and pets.
- Even though it is an all-natural home spray, some people find the smell way too strong.
Another challenge is that you may have to spray frequently to hard-to-reach places to eliminate all flea.
Related: Bed Bugs Sprays
[amazon box=”B00AT6FY6A” template=”horizontal”]
Virbac knockout E.S is a premise spray used for controlling fleas. It contains Pyrethrins, which instantly kill adult fleas upon contact and prevents re-infestation for at least seven months.
- It also contains NYLAR© insect growth regular (Pyriproxyfen) that inhibits the larvae from further growing into adulthood.
- With a single can of 16 ounces, you can treat an area of up to 2100 square feet. It does n leave any odor or residue post-application.
You only need a single thorough application to prevent re-infestation for the next seven months.
Virbac knockout E.S can be applied to upholstery, carpets, rugs, wall cracks, drapes, furniture, pet beds, and all pet resting areas.
You can vacuum clean your carpet and rugs before an application. Note that this spray is to be only indoors only.
However, it is not safe to use around kids, pets, and even adults. Avoid any contact with the eyes, skin, and clothing.
Only the applicator should be present in the treatment area during application and must be protected. It should strictly not be used on pets.
[amazon box=”B001ZETFMY” template=”horizontal”]
Another popular premise spray on our review lists Zoecon’s Precor 2000 Plus Spray. It is applied on surfaces such as carpets, drapes, furniture, wall cracks, rugs, and pet resting areas.
- The Zoecon’s Precor 2000 Plus Spray uses an Insect Growth regulator (S-Methoprene) to inhibit fleas’ reproductive cycle.
- When female adult fleas are exposed to this IGR, they become unable to lay viable eggs.
The S-Methoprene has a prolonged residual activity of up to 7 months,s both indoor and outdoor.
Another active ingredient in the Zoecon’s Precor 2000 Plus Spray is the Pyrethrins, which instantly kills fleas on contact.
To rid of flea and tick infestation completely, you will need only one 16oz can. It treats a coverage area of up to 2000 square feet area. Just one thorough application is all you will need.
- If you are not satisfied with the first results, however, you can re-apply after 14 days.
- To apply the treatment, hold your canister upside down 2-3 feet away from the surface, point the actuator towards the hot spot, and lightly spray.
Spray uniformly across the surface until the area is slightly damp. Zoecon’s Precor 2000 Plus Spray should not be applied directly to cats and dogs.
[amazon box=”B00J5ISLNQ” template=”horizontal”]
The active ingredients present in this spray are Pyrethroids (synthetic agents), and Pyrethrins (botanical agents), which get rids of adult fleas, and an IGR that takes stops the growth of the eggs and larvae.
- Unlike the other flea sprays we have reviewed, Raid flea killer has a low Methoprene concentration (0.015%).
- This shortens its residual activity period to 4 months only. This does not, however, mean it’s not equally effective.
Raid flea killer should not be applied directly to pets. No humans and pets should come into contact with the treated area until it has completely dried up.
- It is harmful to the skin and causes reactions to pets.
It leaves no sticky mess and stains, and the smell is not too strong for humans and pets. Compared to its competitors in the market, the Raid flea killer is relatively cheaper.
[amazon box=”B00ESB79EM” template=”horizontal”]
With just a single can (20oz) of flea tick professional pest control, you get rid of any flea infestation in your home and prevent any further infestation from occurring.
- It covers an area of almost 2625 square feet. The active ingredients that make this possible are Permethrin, Pyriproxyfen, an IGR, and Pyrethrins.
- They work by inhibiting the reproduction cycle of fleas and killing adult fleas instantly.
This combination is highly effective in getting rid of fleas, ticks, and other household pests, although very toxic to humans and pets. Keep children and animals away during application until all the product has dried up.
Flea tick professional pest control does not contain any CFC or other harmful chemicals that deplete the ozone layer.
To increase the effectiveness of this spray, vacuuming and thorough cleaning will go a long way.
Should you notice new fleas after application, you can re-apply the treatment in 14 days. However, the IGR in the spray will continue to work for the next seven months.
[amazon box=”B000KVSTC0″ template=”horizontal”]
Vet Kem Siphotrol plus II is 100% effective in killing adult fleas, ticks, and other indoor pests within 10 minutes of applying it.
- It comes in a 16oz spray can that treats an area of about 2000sqft.
- This water-based spray contains Permethrin and Phenothrin- synthetic chemicals highly toxic to both ticks and fleas.
Another active ingredient found in this spray is S-Methoprene, an insect growth regulator that delays the flea’s life cycle. It also makes the female adults not viable to lay eggs to stop them from populating further.
The effects of the insect growth regulator remain active for a period of 7 months post-application.
Vet Kem Siphotrol plus II deeply penetrates the carpet and floor rugs to eliminate the eggs and larva found at the base.
- With a single application, it can keep away re-infestation for at least 30 days.
- It is odorless and leaves no stains or sticky mess on surfaces.
Therefore it is safe to use it on your drapes, furniture, rugs, pet beddings, and carpets. It can be used in homes, garages, yards as well as pet kennels.
You should, however, note that the active ingredients are equally highly toxic to cats.
The largest flea population is eggs, larvae, and pupae, which is 95-99%, while the t population is between 1-5%.
- Therefore, a good flea and tick premise spray should first and foremost inhibit fleas’ growth and reproduction.
Then kill adult fleas to avoid further spread. It should also be safe to use within the premises and not leave any residue.
Encountering bed bugs during your stay at a hotel booked through Booking.com can be a frustrating and uncomfortable experience. Fortunately, you have the right to seek a refund for the...
Are you on the hunt for the ultimate fly spray? One that's not only highly effective but also gentle on horses with sensitive skin? Look no further! These top-rated fly spray (reviewed below) not...