The spray will flea treat the yard, bushes, grass, and the perimeter of your house on contact.
- With about 10% Pyriproxyfene (juvenile hormone) it’ll stop the reproduction of larvae – baby fleas, roaches & ants.
Reviews: Top 7 Best Flea Spray for Yard in 2021
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE - Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Yard and Kennel Spray kills mosquitoes, fleas, flea larvae, flea eggs, and ticks by contact without harsh chemicals.
- EASY TO USE - Includes ready-to-use hose attachment for quick and easy application on turf, lawns, kennels, patios, and other outside surfaces. Not known to be harmful to trees, shrubs, or flowers.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS - Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural and deet free.
- USE FOR UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET - Each 32oz concentrate bottle treats up to 5,000 square feet and can be refilled with Vet's Best Yard and Kennel Spray 96oz Refill.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Need a natural flea solution that’ll offer routine flea prevention? Or you need the top fleas sprays for your home.
Well, Vet’s Best Flea Spray is made from essential oils (steam-distilled) and plant-based natural ingredients like 0.70% eugenol, 0.30% peppermint oil, and clove).
So, Vet’s Best Flea Spray has no harsh chemical and thus won’t damage your trees, shrubs, and flowers in your Yard or even irritate your skin. It’s also safe to use around cats and dogs during or even after spraying.
The insecticide will flea treat a yard of about 4,500 square feet covered with grass and turf. Luckily, it’s also suitable for use on your patios, concrete, asphalt, and decks. Interestingly, the natural ingredients will kill adult fleas, flea larvae, and their eggs.
Finally, Vet’s Best Flea Spray is easy to use. You’ll simply require to connect the spray bottle to the available garden hose.
Next, switch on the water, press the lock button, and turn its nozzle to the “on point.” It’s also very safe to use in your house or apply to the pet’s skin or fur.
- Its formula is non-staining and thus great for outdoor or indoor spraying.
- Safe around kids and pets like cats or dogs
- Will kill ticks, flea eggs, and adult fleas through direct contact.
- Has an attractive fragrance – clove
- Its an environmentally-friendly (and all-natural) flea killer
- If applied frequently, it repels both ticks and fleas
- Some yard owners may not love the clove fragrance
- You might apply multiple times
- KILLS & REPELS. A flea and tick preventative and a treatment, this pest-repellent spray is powered by natural essential oils and protects your pets and family.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe for cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed areas and environments. Just attach directly to a garden hose, spray your backyard, and enjoy. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Flea and Tick Spray Concentrate!
- TREATS UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET. Can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, patios, dog kennels, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable, plant-based ingredients. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Cruelty-Free and biodegradable. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Flea and Tick Spray Concentrate!
- POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE WITH THE PUREST, NATURAL ESSENTIAL OILS. Powered by cedar oil, Wondercide is safe pest protection that's proven to work, especially for flea, tick, and mosquito removal. Packaging May Vary.
A non-toxic product is always a win and that’s why we love the Wondercide brand. This yard flea spray is safe to use around your pets and young children too.
This is because it lacks harsh chemicals like synthetic pesticides, fragrances, or artificial colors. Not only does it kill adults, but it also kills the eggs, larvae, and pupae.
- It may not last as long as the other products but that’s quite common for organic products. It’s organic and non-toxic, safe around pets, and disrupts the entire flea life cycle.
- Cutter Backyard Bug Control Spray Concentrate is probably best known for killing mosquitoes. But it’s also quick and effective in killing adult fleas. Luckily, the flea control spray will be safe to use around kids, dogs, and cats.
- While the brand claims that the spray will last up to 12 weeks, it’s more likely to last around four weeks or less. And you’re likely to have to reapply each time it rains.
Wondercide spray will flea-treat about 4,000 square feet. However, you’ll need to regulate the application speed and pressure for the shower to cover about 4,000 to 5,000 square feet.
You can safely use the product on areas like your paint, brick, siding, flowers, vegetables, patios, gardens, and lawns.
- All you need to do is attach the sprayer to your hose, and you’re ready to spray on your lawn, trees, flowers, bushes, and concrete areas.
- Cheap and Fast-acting.
- Easy to use with the garden hose that you can attach and spray directly
- The cheapest product on our list that still does a decent job.
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Kills adult fleas, ticks and mosquitoes along with 60+ insects.
- LONG LASTING: Up to 4 weeks control.
- TOTAL YARD CARE: For use on lawn, trees, vegetables, shrubs, roses and flowers.
- COMPLETE YARD DEFENSE: Treats up to 5,000 square feet.
- EXTERIOR PROTECTION: Spray on buildings, foundations, porches, wooden decks, patios, fences, window frames, and wood piles; for use around residential home areas only.
Next is the Adams Plus Yard Flea Spray, which offers your protection against pests such as fleas, ants, and mosquitos for about four weeks.
Application by sweeping motion guarantees you cover areas that have high flea movement.
It’s suitable for indoor (in the house to control adult fleas) and in outdoor spaces (like yards, gardens, and lawns). However, for best pest control outcomes using this formula, you’ll require to trim down the foliage, branches, and grass 1-2 days before you begin the treatment.
Just attach it to your hose to spray your lawn, rose, trees, bushes, and flowers and enjoy up to 4 weeks of protection against the pests, and your pet’s fur won’t be damaged. It can be used indoors and outdoors.
Luckily, this flea control solution will quickly treat about 5,000 square feet of your lawn, Yard, or garden.
It’ll repel and exterminate the adult fleas hiding in your grass while waiting to jump onto humans and pets. It has a hose nozzle, ensuring that spraying will be comfortable and safe.
Adams Plus Yard Flea Spray contains 2.5% permethrin that’ll enable the product to kill all flea stages, including adults, larvae, and eggs.
This permethrin is highly potent to treat your Yard and home furniture against bugs like crickets, ants, cockroaches, silverfish, roaches, spiders, mosquitoes, and ticks.
- Comes with a hose nozzle for easy spraying
- Will flea treat an average yard effectively (about 5,000 square feet)
- Will kills, repels, and controls fleas in your Yard for four weeks after application.
- Controls a wide range of lawn pests, including crickets, ants, cockroaches, silverfish, roaches, spiders, mosquitoes, and ticks.
- Only intended for yard treatment – not pets
- Brand name: MARTIN'S
- Made in United States
- Assembly not required
- Color: Clear
MARTIN’S-82031984 has both UV- and photo-stable (.i.e. it won’t lose its effectiveness due to sunlight for up to 14 days), which makes it suitable for your Yard or indoor (alone or mixed with adulticides).
Buying flea sprays for your Yard is different from purchasing flea control products inside your home.
But remember – prevention is better than cure! Check the best yard snake repellents. Here’s what we’ve taken into consideration in putting this guide together:
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this pest repellent spray is powered by natural essential oils and kills mosquitoes, ants, fleas, ticks, roaches, flies, scorpions, chiggers, crickets, chinch bugs, japanese beetles, no-see-ums, gnats and more. Safe alternative to conventional pesticide sprays, zappers, and foggers.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe for cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed areas and environments. Just mix desired amount of product into any applicator and fill to the top with recommended amount of water, spray your backyard, and enjoy.
- TREATS UP TO 10,000 SQUARE FEET. Can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, patios, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed. Our concentrates are a great refill to the Wondercide Ready-to-Use Flea & Tick Yard & Garden Spray.
- TREAT NATURE WITH NATURE. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable plant-based ingredients. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Cruelty-Free and biodegradable.
- PLANT-DERIVED AND POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Powered by cedar oil, Wondercide is proven pest protection, especially for flea, tick, and mosquito removal.
Top of the list is Wondercide Flea Spray that’ll allow you to control a spectrum of yard pests like fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, and roaches.
Cedar oil (active ingredient) blocks the production of octopamine, which hinders the normal functioning of the fleas’ heart rate, movement, and metabolism.
Just like the Pivot 10 IGR Concentrate described above, this Wondercide Ready-to-Spray will kill fleas in all their development stages – egg, larvae pupa, and adult fleas.
Cedar oil makes the insecticide safe for kids, puppies and kittens, flowers, and useful pests like butterflies and bees that are in your Yard. But you’ll need to repeat the insecticide application within 2-3 days – but the intensity may vary depending on how badly your lawn is infested.
Wondercide Flea spray is a “spray-and-use” model, and thus you can use your Yard shortly after spraying – it’s eco-friendly and 100% biodegradable. The 32 oz concentrate can make flea (or Yard) treat a yard area of 8,000 square feet.
The refillable bottle has a ready-to-use nozzle that’ll simplify the spraying process. Exterminating the fleas will prevent itching from flea bites and avoid the spread of diseases like the bubonic plague.
Flea sprays (liquid or aerosol) like this Wondercide spray are contact-killing flea control solutions. But Insect growth regulators (IGR) like other Pyrethroids, among other insecticides, are also active against yard fleas.
- Wondercide Flea spray will readily repel ticks, ants, mosquitoes, and fleas. Further, the formula works well in preventing the hatching of the eggs from these pests.
- The bottle will quickly get flea treat and an average Yard of about 8,000 sq ft and will also be safe to use on lawns or yards that have bees.
- The formula has no chemicals since it’s made using natural cedar oil – this was also used from ancient ages to control different kinds of pests safely.
- Finally, Wondercide Flea spray is delivered in a very convenient ready-to-use formula, which makes it easy to use.
- Won’t kill or repel ticks
- Auto & Truck Maintenance
- Country of manufacture: United States
- Manufacturer: GATES
- Package dimension: 18.0"L x 18.0"W x 21.0"H
With the 110 ml bottle, you can flea treat a large yard of up to 41,250 square meters. You can apply the insecticide through ultra-low volume (ULV) (spraying) or fogging.
For yard flea control, use 7 ml of Pivot 10 IGR per 1000 cubic feet to spray all flea breeding areas like grass, shady stretches, garages, and patios.
For flea prevention in the Yard, use 5-7 ml of Pivot 10 IGR per water gallon. Luckily, this pyridine-based insecticide is also safe for pets and cats (just like borax), indoor or outdoor spaces, and both food or non-food handling areas like places where food will be served, prepared, or processed.
Pivot 10 IGR has a very long residue effect – about seven months. This means that it’ll continue killing fleas in your Yard for seven months after the initial application. It’ll also control flies, flying insects, litter beetles, cockroaches, mosquitoes, and crickets.
You can use foaming (with 7 ml of Pivot 10 IGR per water gallon plus a foaming agent) to control flies in any slow-moving drain (this is comparable to how authorized drain cleaners works).
- Long residue effect – about seven months of continuous flea protection
- It has a photo-stable formula – thus, it won’t lose its flea-killing power if exposed to sunlight.
- Safe for pets and cats
- Kills many yard pests and insects including crickets, mosquitoes, ants, roaches, beetles, ticks, and flea
- May be dangerous to mammals like squirrels or even birds when not fully dry.
- The active ingredient in Archer Insect Growth Regulator is pyriproxyfen, an Insect growth regulator (juvenile hormone mimic).
- Archer Insect Growth Regulator acts similarly to insect growth hormones that occur naturally in insects and acts on the immature life stages of the target insect, preventing the adult from developing.
- In some species, such as fleas and flies, Archer Insect Growth Regulator also has activity on adult insects by affecting the reproductive organs.
- Archer Insect Growth Regulator will control cockroaches, fleas, ants, litter beetles, crickets, ticks, and flying insect pests in and around homes, apartments, non-food storage and preparation areas of agricultural, industrial, institutional and commercial buildings, and transport vehicles.
- Archer Insect Growth Regulator may be used to create outside treated perimeter areas around structures with treatments to soil, mulch, perimeter landscape plantings or grass to prevent indoor invasion by listed pest species.
Archer IGR is another great flea spray that kills flea eggs, larvae, pupae, and adults. However, with coverage of 24,000 square feet, Archer is not as effective for larger yards as its competitors.
It is also a costly product for such a low coverage: Disrupts the entire flea life cycle, is Long-lasting, and Can also be used indoors.
Archer IGR also has pyriproxyfen – it’ll readily disrupt the fleas’ life-cycle like various IGRs available in the market. Also, Archer IGR offers longer-term flea control by preventing the maturing of the baby fleas into adults.
Equally, Archer IGR, like other IGR products, will work great if mixed with adulticides that’ll help exterminate the foraging workers like the Demon WP. Such a combination has been documented to kill above 90% of a flea population within two months.
Martin’s IG Regulator (For small yards) is one of the best flea sprays for small yards, covering up 6,000 square feet. Martin’s is also celebrated in killing fleas across their entire life cycle and can be used indoors too.
SENTRY HOME Yard and Premise Spray – Not only does this product kill adult fleas, but larvae and eggs too. This means you stop the problem at its source.
One drawback is that it only covers a small area (up to 2,667 square feet) so you’ll need to buy more than one bottle if you have a bigger yard. It’s Long-lasting and disrupts the entire flea life cycle.
- Pyriproxyfen disrupts the flea’ life cycle
- Offers longer-term flea control solution
- Kills all fleas in the cycle – eggs, larvae, pupae, and adults
- When mixed with adulticides, it’ll kill all the foraging fleas
- Relatively expensive
- Can be used alone or tank mixed, Approved to provide control in indoor, outdoor and food-handling applications, Broad-spectrum control of flying and crawling insects
- Helps to combat and prevent resistance, Can be used as a flushing agent to expose pests and improve killing efficiencyissues,
- ExciteR is an excellent tank mix partner or stand-alone insecticide; refer to label directions for complete application and dilution rate instructions
- Power source type: Natural Gas
Key features are that Envincio ExciteR 6% Pyrethrin is for outdoor use, 1 gallon will cover 750 square feet, and it contains Pyrethrin (6%) & 60% Piperonyl Butoxide.
Thus, it will organically eliminate the fleas and other pests in your Yard.
Envincio ExciteR, 6% Pyrethrin, is a liquid insecticide that contains Pyrethrin (a natural ingredient) that’ll readily kill and repel fleas, and other dangerous insects like bees, flies, and mosquitos.
Equally, because it has natural active ingredients, this concentrate will be safe for your pets and plants (including flowers and gardens). Further, you can use the concentrated product to exterminate different insects using different methods.
Lawn owners may utilize this formulation to flea-treat their spaces, either using a pump sprayer or a fogger. Besides, you may boost the power of other insecticides using this Envincio ExciteR 6% Pyrethrin concentrate as an additive.
As noted above, a gallon of this product will quickly flea treat 750 square feet of gardens, yards, or around buildings, even in places near animals. However, you must ensure to cover even crevices and cracks – after mixing the product with cover surfaces and water.
- Contains 6% Pyrethrin – a natural active ingredient
- Natural and odorless concentrate
- The product can be used safely around buildings or near pets and kids.
- Its fast-acting and has a long residue effect – long-lasting
- Can use ExciteR 6% Pyrethrin concentrate as an additive to boost the power of other insecticides
- Used in different methods like spray pumps, or foggers
- Relatively pricey
- Kills insects around the perimeter of your home, on your deck and patio Not for use on humans or animals
- Kills fleas and ticks harboring in lawns and backyards
- Attach directly to garden hose and spray
- 32 oz hose-end spray treats up to 16,000 square feet
- As part of a complete flea control program, treat your pets, your home and your yard with appropriate products
Your Yard will definitely be where most of the fleas infestations start. Therefore, I also recommend using this Advantage Yard Spray as it’ll fight the fleas at their source.
Luckily, the flea spray is made using potent but safe ingredients hiding in the Yard, patio, deck, and house.
When you leave your yard un-sprayed with a good product like Advantage Yard Spray, these fleas may hitch-hike your cats and bring them to the house. You’ll love that the bottle will spray fleas effectively on a yard area of 16,000 sq ft, and thus you might not require to buy multiple bottles.
An excellent product for killing fleas and ticks in your Yard before your pet brings them indoors. You’ll need to spray every 3-4 weeks, which is about the average for all the products listed in our guide.
Advantage Yard Spray also comes with an easy-to-use hose attachment. You can use it on lawns, patios, sidewalks, and driveways. Definitely, for controlling a massive flea infestation in your premises or house, I recommend using flea foggers.
Good for larger yards. But you’ll need to be cautious and adhere to the spraying instructions – this will include that you’ll have to keep the cat away to allow the formula to dry – this helps prevent cat poisoning.
- Ease of application with the provided hose attachment
- Bottle enough to flea-treat a large yard (about 16,000 sq ft)
- Will exterminate the fleas in their source (yard) before they hitch-hike any cat in your home
- Keep cats away until the Advantage Yard Spray dries – this prevents cat poisoning.
We’ve shown you some of the best flea sprays for yards that we could find. (1) We liked Pivot because it’s great for large yards.
More importantly, it kills fleas across their entire life cycle. (2) Similarly, Martin’s also disrupts the whole flea life cycle and is fantastic if you have a small yard.