Flea Treatment is vital for your puppies’ healthy life. Flea may cause skin allergies, typhus, or even transmit parasites such as tapeworms.
- Your top daily care for puppies is essential. So, could you be looking for the best flea treatment for your puppies?
So, let’s get started! Related: Fleas Treatment for Dogs.
In a Rush? View top Flea Treatment for Puppies
[amazon bestseller=”Best Fleas Killers for Puppy” items=”2″ template=”table”]
[amazon box=”B01BWKMV2Q” template=”horizontal”]
[amazon box=”B00W4GKAH6″ template=”horizontal”]
Vet’s Best Natural is a natural home spray that will help treat your flea-infested puppy.
The key thing is the presence of natural ingredients clove extract and peppermint oil used to kill and control flea helps you eliminate the use of pyrethrins, permethrins, or cedar oil-related sprays.
Vet’s Best Natural kills adult fleas, larvae, and eggs on contact. It can repel mosquitoes and other home flies.
The non-staining formula of Vet’s Best Natural doesn’t affect your carpet, furniture, floor, or harm your plants (safe).
Vet’s Best Natural contains a mixed formulation of peppermint oil and eugenol, which leaves a pleasant scent after use. It is not harmful to children. You can even use it to treat various places in your home.
Vet’s Best Natural is best when used for puppies aged 12 weeks or older. It can also be used to treat cats and kittens.
It is easier to use—the Vet’s Best Natural nozzle is designed to concentrate the spray without wastage on the trigger.
- Environmentally friendly – no pollution.
- Fast killing and Can treat cats and kittens.
- Not harmful to kids and is easy to use.
- Pleasant scent and Non-staining.
- It can be used for home flea treatment.
- Requires multiple applications.
- Clove fragrance effects.
[amazon box=”B01M8GFPXG” template=”horizontal”]
[amazon box=”B004QRHRIQ” template=”horizontal”]
K9 Advantix II tops my list. This product will get rid of fleas from your puppy in 12 hours after application, and the treatment effects continue for 30 days.
- K9 Advantix II is veterinary-recommended flea control for small dogs that lay between 4 to 10 pounds.
- It can also kill ticks, lice, repel mosquitoes, and biting flies in your kennel – an advantage/benefit not found in other flea products.
K9 Advantix II is a quick-acting (it’s activated in 5 minutes) flea product that work on contact due to its parasitostatic action mechanism.
It contains Permethrin, Imidacloprid, and Pyriproxyfen, active ingredients that instantly kill all flea on application.
This product has been manufactured with waterproof formula for practical application – it won’t be washed down if you apply it to your puppy during the rainy season.
K9 Advantix II is convenient as you can use it all year round – apply dose after one or two months.
Moreover, it’s easier to use; place the puppy’s skin’s tip gently and squeeze to expel the solution.
- Quick-acting – 12 hours of action time.
- Kills other insects like mosquitoes and lice.
- Kills all stages of the flea.
- Veterinarian recommended
- Used in dogs only
- More costly
[amazon box=”B01N0BZUXO” template=”horizontal”]
PetArmor Plus cares for your small puppies, especially in flea control. It conveniently provides top-quality protection without visiting the vet.
- Flea treatment dose contains fipronil that begins to kill fleas, larva,e, and eggs within 5 minutes and kills all flea in 24 hours.
- It also kills ticks and chewing lice. A single PetArmor Plus application can be effective for 30 days.
This product can control mites, which cause sarcoptic mange disease, and deer ticks, which cause Lyme disease.
PetArmor Plus is waterproof. The greasy solution sticks on your puppy’s skin, thus initiating quick action.
The application of PetArmor Plus requires you to squeeze and smear the product on various puppy’s ski pointsn.
Keep off any treated puppy away from friends. In case the grease doesn’t deplete in 48 hours, use a wet washcloth to remove any remains.
PetArmor Plus doesn’t irritate your puppy during and after application unless it is allergic.
- It’s waterproof and Quick-acting – 5 minutes
- Inhibit flea infestation and Can also kill lice and tick
- Top-quality and easy to use
- Can only be used on the dog.
- Slightly costly.
Related: Vacuum for Dog Hair
[amazon box=”B0002J1FNK” template=”horizontal”]
Frontline Plus is a trusted flea protection product for your puppy. With veterinary approval for nearly 20 years, Frontline Plus can kill flea and their eggs 12 hours after application.
This product is suitable for puppies aged 8 weeks or older. It’s more suited/effective for puppies weighing within the range of 2 to 22 pounds.
- It provides waterproof protection and a treatment action for 30 days from the time of application.
- The serum Frontline Plus has stick properties that limit it from being washed down.
Frontline Plus is manufactured with quick-acting (it’s activated in 2 to 3 minutes after application) fipronil and S-methoprene killing ingredients that ensure that all flea stages are eradicated.
It does not affect your puppy’s skill. In fact, it offers extra protection by killing ticks, lice, and other pests that cause Lyme disease.
Frontline Plus also prevents/inhibits infestation and the establishment of new fleas on your dog.
It is long-lasting. A 6-dose package of Frontline Plus will give you 6 months of service time with six application rounds.
- Top-quality – veterinary recommended.
- Kills in 12 hours and 2 active ingredients.
- Easy to apply and waterproof.
- Long-lasting – 30 days per dose.
- It can kill both Flea and eggs.
- Doesn’t repel flea.
- It is challenging to apply the serum.
- The puppy may develop an allergy.
[amazon box=”B005Z6UL1M” template=”horizontal”]
Could you have been looking for a tablet treatment option for your puppy? Capstar is a fast-acting treatment tablet for your pappy.
It can be administered to a puppy weighing 4 pounds or more whose age is 4 weeks and above.
- A single tablet dose of Capstar will kill 90% of the adult fleas in 4 to 6 hours on your puppy. The product comes in two dosages.
- For Puppy between 2 to 24 pounds, it will need to be given 11.4 mg and those between 25 to 124 to be treated using 57 mg tablets.
Capstar is convenient. A single tablet (give one pill a day) treats adult flea in 30 hours before laying eggs and manifesting.
This product can also be used to treat fleas from kittens and cats. It can eradicate pests that cause flea allergy dermatitis on your pets.
The dose is more comfortable and safe to administer as you will only require to place the oral tablet right into the puppy’s mouth or fix it in the food.
Capstar is pocket-friendly. A single packet has 6 tablets, which assures you of multiple dosages.
- Safe to administer and Kills adult flea.
- Less costly and Fast-acting – 4 to 6 hours.
- It can also treat kittens and cats.
- Can work for both puppy and mother – come in two doses.
- Do not kill fleas’ eggs and larvae.
[amazon box=”B00B8CG602″ template=”horizontal”]
It provides continuous flea treatment and prevention for 6 to 8 months.
Seresto flea collar works through contact whereby the active ingredients, i.e., flumethrin and imidacloprid, are released continuously in low concentration from the neck to all parts of your puppy. It can also repel and kill ticks/lice.
Seresto flea collar is best suitable for puppies weighing up to 18 pounds. The collar is made with a long-lasting material that doesn’t affect the comfort of your puppy.
- You can easily tie and untie the Seresto flea collar due to its simple adjustable locking mechanism.
- The Seresto flea collar is light in weight and thus won’t burden your puppy’s neck.
The non-greasy, odorless Seresto flea collar never messes your puppy’s skin. This collar is veterinary recommend for flea and tick protection.
Moreover, the collar is water-resistant/proof and will remain effective after swimming or rain/ exposure – your puppy should be washed once per month.
Seresto flea collar assures you all year protection without damaging your puppy. You can use a single Seresto flea collar for up to 6 months.
- Light in weight and Last for 6 months.
- Kill and repel flea and Non-grease.
- Water-resistant and Easy to use.
- No irritation.
- Neck reaction (some puppies).
- Costly than other collars.
[amazon box=”B06XK8LTC6″ template=”horizontal”]
Could you be searching for a puppy flea treatment that is chewable? Advantus Soft Chew is a fast-killing product that would start flea killing in 60 minutes after feeding.
Advantus Soft Chew is suitable for puppies aged 10 weeks or more. It should also weigh 4 pounds or greater.
The product comes in a soft chewable form that is convenient for your puppy. Its presumable smell and taste attract your puppy to feed just like other regular food.
- Advantus Soft Chew is ideal for puppies suffering from protein food allergies.
- The imidacloprid found in Advantus Soft Chew helps in the quick killing of adult fleas before laying eggs and infest.
A single dose of Advantus Soft Chew can eradicate up to 96% of the adult flea just in an hour.
It is safe to administer a single dose per day. In case your puppy shows dislike to Advantus Soft Chew, you can mix it with other puppy meals before feeding.
NB: Keep this product away from children.
- Quick-acting – in 1 hour.
- Less costly.
- Suitable for proteins allergic puppies.
- Dangerous to children.
- Can treat dogs/puppies only.
- Short leaved effect.
How to Flea Treatment Puppies With Sensitive Skin
Puppies having sensitive skin need special treatment. Your puppy has sensitive skin if it has signed such as:
- Itching, dry and flaky skin, Hot spots on the skin.
- Red irritation, Stomach irritation.
These effects may be caused by:
- Harsh grooming, Fungal infections.
- Allergic foods, Gut health, or irritations.
You, therefore, need to need to observe proper treatment actions when handling such puppies. The following are possible ways in which you can use when treating your skin-sensitive puppy:
1. Use antifungal shampoo while cleaning your puppy’s skin. Press gently while cleaning spray clean to avoid peeling of the skin during scratching.
2. For gut health conditions, try improving your puppy’s appetite by use of probiotic supplements.
3. Use spray option of flea treatment products instead of serum or gel. This will help avoid direct contact with sensitive skin.
4. Treat kennel with flea killers such as K9 Advantix II to eliminate all flea that may cause allergy-like dermatitis and irritations.
5. Food allergic puppies, try to use a non-processed diet that is rice, fish, and basic vegetables based.
6. Those puppies sensitive to harsh grooming should be handled with a hypoallergenic shampoo with a pH-balanced label for puppies. The cleaning product should be free from parabens, ethoxylated, or sulfates.
7. Avoid taking your puppy to clouded public places. Ensure you dress your puppy in a short-fitting coat since most allergens hide in such attire.
Alternative Flea Treatments For Puppies?
Apart from the flea treatment option enlisted above, there are other alternatives that you can use to kill flea on your puppy. These include:
1. Diatomaceous Earth
Diatomaceous earth is a fine powder of microscopic remains of fossilized algae, which is non-toxic to humans.
Sprinkle the powder over the puppy’s and leave it for two days in an enclosed place. It will kill all the fleas by causing dehydration.
- Vacuum the puppy gently or wash it with vet-recommended shampoo to remove Diatomaceous earth remains and dead fleas.
NB: Though non-toxic, Diatomaceous earth can be irritating when inhaled or touch your eye. Always use facemask during application.
2. Using flea-repelling plants.
There is a specific plant that scent that repels flea within your compound. These include Spearmint, Chrysanthemums, Thyme, Sage, Clove, Basil, Penny Royal, and Lavender.
Having some of these plants in your home or/near your kennel would be a permanent natural way of flea prevention.
3. Dish soap.
This is a great solution for adult fleas. Mix dish soap with warm water from a think stick fluid and place it in flea-infested rooms/kennel.
The solution will act as a trap since adult fleas will crawl in and get stuck in. You need to do this every 2 to 3 days.
4. Using Rosemary Product.
Rosemary is a great organic product that treats a few flea infestations on your puppy.
You can make the powder at home by grinding the rosemary herb mixed with fennel, rue, peppermint, or wormwood in a mortar/pestle.
Rub the powder on your puppy. Rosemary powder will mostly repel the flea that kills.
Treatment and prevention of flea infestation on your puppy require the proper selection of flea treatment products.
- Always be keen to follow keenly instructions given on the labels.
Consult a veterinary or flea professionals if you are unable to carry out the Puppy’s flea treatment. Handle skin-sensitive puppies with great care.
Encountering bed bugs during your stay at a hotel booked through Booking.com can be a frustrating and uncomfortable experience. Fortunately, you have the right to seek a refund for the...
Are you on the hunt for the ultimate fly spray? One that's not only highly effective but also gentle on horses with sensitive skin? Look no further! These top-rated fly spray (reviewed below) not...