Below I’ve reviewed the best gnat repellent. So, as you leave the house this summer (as nature blooms and the sun shines) ensure you get a good gnat repellent.
Maybe you’d love a gnat repellent that’s also a sunscreen. Well, read on for a detailed product analysis – also check these mosquito repellents.
In a hurry? I recommend you get the Avon SKIN-SO-SOFT gnat repellent – Non-greasy, has sunscreen, and its DEET Free.
Repellents: Top 9 Best Gnat Repellents for 2020 Reviewed
This house specialized in personal care and skin, offers an excellent product for the protection of gnats bites:
– Offers protection of 30 SPF.
– Product is free of parabens, DEET and chemical agents.
– Among its ingredients, it contains vitamin E as well as Aloe which allows a soft and hydrated skin additional to the protection against pests and gnats. It also comes with a pleasant aroma.
– It is dermatologically tested to avoid allergies so it is prescribed for the use of the whole family. You can feel free to use the product in children and seniors.
– It is waterproof and also does not leave a greasy feeling when applied or when it dries. For this reason it is ideal to apply on face and body. Non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic.
Because our pets are also part of our family and we want them to also enjoy the outdoor activities, Amrita Aromatherapy brings us a repellent for our best friend: Bugs Be Gone for Pets (for adults and kids).
– Effectively repels mosquitoes, ants, fleas, chiggers, ticks and other insects
– It is a product free of Parabens, DEET and chemical agents. So it becomes an environmentally
– Something interesting about this product is that although it is a pet repellent, it can also be used by adults and children due to its natural ingredients, this benefits the family budget.
– Does not leave greasy feeling when applied. And because it is not toxic, the product can be applied several times even with the clothes on.
Related: Best Mosquito Trap
Natural repellent, made 100% with organic products. Its main ingredients are the essential oils of geranium, lemongrass, and cinnamon.
Additional contains castor oil and lecithin that will leave the skin soft to the touch. Also, this gnat repellent contains a mild aroma.
– Formulated to repel mosquitoes, gnats and other insects.
– Specially formulated to leave no greasy feeling.
– Free of parabens, petroleum and chemical agents.
– Soft and safe for children and adults.
– It can be used on animals (horses and dogs). Not recommended for cats.
– As it is not an oily formula, it is not resistant to water and its application should be repeated once it comes in contact with water or excessive sweat.
– The product is not tested on animals.
– Free of DEET.
It is essential that when we go out with our babies to enjoy a spring day, they are as protected as possible.
– Product 100% natural, organic, made with plant products such as essential oils of citronella, mint, rosemary, lemongrass and geranium.
– The mixture of essential oils of babyganics is uncomfortable for insects, especially mosquitoes, but it smells very good for humans and is safe for the whole family.
– It helps keep mosquitoes, flies and other pests away.
– Being natural, the product is free of DEET, parabens, sulphates, artificial fragrances and dyes.
– Does not leave a greasy feeling when applied.
– Eco-friendly product not tested on animals.
With 20 per cent Picaridin Ideal for trips to tropical countries, where yellow fever and the mosquito that transmits the Zika virus proliferate.
– The lotion is effective up to 14 hours thus; against mosquitoes as well as ticks and up-to 8 hours against bites of flies, chiggers,sand-flies, gnats and chiggers.
– Safe to use in the whole family; It will not damage clothing or other synthetic fabrics.
– It does not leave greasy feeling when applied and its non-toxic formula allows its application several times during the day.
Buyer’s Guide – Best Gnat Repellents
1. What Is A Good Natural Gnat Repellent?
Vinegar, water, and dish soap – Vinegar if combined with dish soap or essential oils will effectively repel gnats in your yard or garden. Spray the gnats a mixture of dish soap (1.4 mL), vinegar (18 mL), and water (250 mL). Add some essential oils like tea tree, eucalyptus, or geranium (a few drops).
2. What Is The Fastest Way To Get Rid Of Gnats?
To instantly get rid of gnats (1) Make a gnat trap from dish soap + apple cider vinegar (2) Use a red wine trap – pour wine in an open jar (3) sprinkle bleach on your bathroom sink (4) make a sliced-banana trap. Use detergents that are scent-free since they would attract the bugs.
3. How Do You Stop Gnats From Flying Around You?
Carry dryer sheets in your pocket to keep gnats off (the sheets have a lavender or lemon balm smell), apply a vanilla repellent or vanilla concentrate on your body (the exposed parts) – use sugar-free vanilla, apply dilute peppermint oil + shea butter + geranium oil on your skin – with peppery and minty smell.
4. How Does Dawn Dish Soap Get Rid Of Gnats?
Mix Dawn Dish Soap with Vinegar to make Vinegar soap. The apple cider vinegar (with its acidic scent) attracts the gnats while the dawn dish soap will trap and drown the bugs. Mix 250 ML of apple cider vinegar with 8 drops of dawn dish soap in a small bowl covered with a plastic cover with small holes.
So you know, a good spring day should be accompanied by a good repellent, to protect your family and your pets.
Any of these repellents that we have just mentioned will allow you to enjoy your sunny days without worrying about the uncomfortable gnats.