So, which are the best mosquito yard sprays? Mosquito infestation will deny you the peaceful moments on your beautifully maintained yard or lawn.
These bugs breed here and end up getting into indoor places where they bite and sometimes transmit diseases. But, it is possible to eradicate mosquitoes using insecticide sprays, mosquito traps, or repellents. Check these top sprays.
|1||Cutter Backyard Bug Control Spray Concentrate, 32 Oz||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Ortho Home Defense Backyard Mosquito and Bug Killer Ready-To-Spray, 32 oz.||Check Price on Amazon|
- OUTDOOR USE: Protects lawns, vegetables, fruit and nut trees, roses, flowers, trees and shrubs
- KILLS 260+ INSECTS BY CONTACT: Kills above and below ground – kills grubs, ants as listed, fleas, deer ticks, Japanese beetles, European crane flies and other listed insects
- NON-STAINING: Non-staining to most home siding depending on age and cleanliness – see product label for details
- CONCENTRATE FORMULA: Ready-to-spray QuickFlip spray concentrate that attaches directly to your garden hose
- MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: Guaranteed results or your money back – see product label for details.
Having mosquitoes in your yard makes you vulnerable to numerous mosquito bites. You can effectively get rid of these yard invaders using a powerful insect killer like spectracide. The active ingredient is Gamma-Cyhalothrin, a very effective pyrethroid insecticide.
It comes as a concentrate, which requires to be diluted with water before spraying. You don’t need a spray bottle to administer this insecticide. The ready-to-spray design allows you to attach a garden hose and spray directly as the water mixes automatically with the insecticide.
Spectracide Triazicide is specially designed for outdoors to kill insects on yards, lawns, trees, shrubs, hedges, etc. It kills on contact and will work effectively on most common pests, including mosquitoes, Japanese beetles, flies, gnats (check their repellents), and crickets.
It has a residual effect of up to 8 weeks. That means it will continue protecting your yard or lawn from pests. When you spray on your beautiful roses or flowers, it won’t leave stains. Plus, it’s not associated with an unpleasant scent.
- Powerful active ingredient
- Easy application using a garden hose
- Eight weeks of yard protection after spraying
- Kills over 260 pests including mosquitoes
- Cannot be used indoors
- Kills 235 listed insects and bugs, including spiders, ants, fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, and japanese beetles
- Ready to use and starts working immediately; with up to 6 month protection for spiders (excluding black widow, brown recluse and hobo)
- Use on lawns, around house foundations, roses, ornamentals, flowers, trees, shrubs, vegetable gardens, and fruit trees
- Kill listed insects outside before they come inside
- Treats up to 5,300 square feet
No mosquito can resist the power of Ortho Bug B Gon. As a popular insect pest killer brand, this product comes in handy as a good remedy for creatures like mosquitoes, ants, spiders, among others.
The active ingredients contained in this insect killer are zeta-cypermethrin and bifenthrin. These two chemicals have proven efficiency in pest eradication.
It comes in a 32-oz bottle, which allows you to spray around 5300 square feet of your garden. The spray nozzle allows you to attach a garden hose for quick and easy application. As you spray, the insecticide concentrate automatically mixes with water, diluting it to the required degree.
Owing to the presence of Zeta-cypermethrin, this insect killer lasts up to 6 months after the application. That’s quite a significant period compared to most of its competitors. You can use Ortho Bug B Gon to keep mosquitoes and other pests from your yard, lawn, flowers, trees, and shrubs.
Although it contains chemicals, it won’t affect your children or pets. Plus, it won’t leave stains or unwanted smells.
- Kills over 235 pests, including mosquitoes
- Lasts at least six months after spraying
- 32-oz bottle covers around 5300 square feet
- Won’t affect kids and pets
- Does not smell or leave stain
- May affect bees and small fish
Related: Best Mosquito Trap
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this spray is a natural pest repellent, and kills mosquitoes, ants, fleas, ticks, roaches, flies, scorpions, chiggers, crickets, chinch bugs, japanese...
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe around cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed outside areas. Just attach directly to a garden hose, spray your backyard, and enjoy....
- TREATS UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET. A bug control spray that can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, picnic areas, playgrounds, patios, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an...
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable plant-based ingredients. Cruelty free and biodegradable. Keep the bottle & Refill...
- POWERED BY NATURE, AS POWERFUL AS PERMETHRIN. Powered by cedar oil, our eco-friendly formula is proven to kill and repel pests. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects...
If you’re looking for a 100% natural remedy for your mosquito infestation, then wondered is a great option. It’s a powerful formulation containing organic ingredients that make it safe for the environment, humans, and animals.
The active ingredient is cedar, which doubles as a pest killer and repeller. Other ingredients include ethyl lactate and water. It will work effectively against several insects, including mosquitoes, flies, ants, gnats, and crickets.
It’s available in a 32-ounce bottle, which is enough to cover 5000 square feet of your yard or lawn. The bottle comes with a provision for attaching a garden hose for quick and easy application. As you spray, water coming out of the nozzle mixes with the insecticide in the correct proportion. Thus, you don’t need a spray bottle.
When you use the wondered natural spray in your yard, it leaves a pleasant and inviting scent. Thus, it won’t distract your normal activities in the yard or lawn.
- One bottle covers a large area (5000 square feet)
- Does not contain chemicals
- Easy to apply using the garden hose attachment
- Works on several pests including mosquitoes
- Has a pleasant smell
- Safe around kids and pets
- Will not last long after application
- Cutter Backyard Bug Control Spray Concentrate, 32-Ounce (32 Ounce 2 Pack)
With lambda-cyhalothrin as its active ingredient, Cutter Backyard Spray will be a perfect solution for the mosquito infestation in your yard or lawn.
The active ingredient is in the class of pyrethroid chemical insecticides, which have proven effective against a wide range of pests. Thus, it will kill other pests like fleas, ants, among other pests.
It’s available in a 32-oz bottle, which is enough to treat around 5000 square feet of your yard or lawn. Once sprayed, this mosquito killer keeps your yard on lawn protected from pests for up to 12 weeks. This is quite a long period compared to its competitors.
You don’t have to dilute the concentrate manually as in many products in the market. With the QuickFlip hose-end attachment, the insecticide concentrate mixes with water automatically as you spray. This saves you time spent in diluting and alleviates the use of spray bottles.
It’s designed for outdoor spaces such as yards and lawns. You can spray it on your grass, flowers, and other plants to keep off pests. Cutter Backyard Spray also acts as a repellent, although it lacks any scent.
- Powerful active ingredient
- One bottle treats up to 5000 square feet.
- Easy application using a garden hose
- Does not wash off easily for up to 4 weeks
- Eight weeks lasting effect
- No residue or smell
- Not environmentally-friendly
- For outdoors only
- Kills Insects Listed On Contact. Lasts Up To 4 Weeks Propelling Annoying Insects
- Packaged In A Convenient Hose End Sprayer
- Spray Fences, Decking, Vegetation And Other Surfaces. Covers 10,000 Sq.
- Package Weight : 2.018 kilograms
If you want a mosquito spray to cover a large area, summit mosquito barrier spray has got you covered – allowing effective mosquito management.
The active ingredient is permethrin, which is known for its long residual effects after being applied. In fact, it can keep your yard free from pests for a period of four weeks.
It’s available in half a gallon bottle, which is enough to cover 10 000 square feet. Thus, it’s ideal for a large garden or yard. With its quick spray bottle, you can attach a garden hose and spray it continuously. It can eradicate mosquitoes and other pests from vegetation, including grass, fence, and crops.
- Ideal for a large garden/yard
- Not dangerous for kids or pets
- Does not leave residues after drying
- Four weeks of residual effects
- Kills on contact
- Contains chemicals
- READY TO SPRAY - The product arrives in a container with an attached hose-end sprayer. Simply connect garden hose to the sprayer and begin application. Reapplication is recommended after heavy or...
- INSECT KILLER AND REPELLENT - The residual formula kills and repels mosquitoes, flies, gnats, and other bug or insect pests. Once applied, Mosquito Beater will continue to work for up to 4 weeks.
- EASY PEST CONTROL - Attach a garden hose to this ready-to-use spray bottle, and apply it around shrubbery and other places where insects are found. This pest control treatment works well and is easy...
- 5,000 SQUARE FEET OF COVERAGE - Only one quart of this product can protect 5,000 square feet of your backyard, patio, and other outdoor areas. When it is used as directed, it is safe for people and...
- PLEASANT SCENT - Unlike most pesticide and insecticide formulas, Mosquito Beater has a low-odor, water-based Permethrin formula that won't stink up your clothing or yard.
To get rid of mosquitoes, flies, gnats, and other pests from your yard and lawn, you need a powerful insect killer and repeller. Bonide mosquito beater spray does exactly that. It is a natural insect killer containing sodium lary sulfate, cedar oil, lemongrass oil, citronella oil, and geranium oil.
These ingredients produce a formulation that will effectively kill and repel mosquitoes and other pests. It comes in a 32-oz container, which is sufficient to treat 5000 square feet. The spray nozzle allows you to connect a garden hose and spray continuously.
Once you treat your yard, bonide will keep pests at bay for about four weeks. If there is a heavy downpour after spraying your yard, it’s recommended that you reapply the insecticide. Also, bonide is recommended for outdoor purposes only.
What’s more, bonide has an appealing scent, making it acceptable in your garden or yard.
- Powerful natural insect killer
- Protects your yard for about four weeks after application
- One bottle covers 5000 square feet.
- Spray nozzle allows easy attachment to a garden hose
- Limited to outdoor use only
- KILLS TICKS - Kills Deer ticks that may carry Lyme Disease
- KILLS OVER 50 LISTED INSECTS - Kills fleas, Japanese beetles, mosquitoes, fire ants, and many other insects* (*See full list on back of product)
- 4-WEEK CONTROL - Contains Permethrin, a long-lasting insecticide which provides contact and residual control for up to 4 weeks of many hard-to-kill sucking and chewing insects
- HOSE END SPRAYER - Hooks easily to garden hoses providing convenient application to your outdoor areas
- MULTIPURPOSE USES - Perfect for use in yards and other outdoor areas where pests congregate, including roses, flowers, trees, and shrubs
A quality insect killer comes in handy when you have a pest infestation. Pests such as mosquitoes, fleas, ants, crickets, and ticks can be killed and repelled with a powerful insect killer like Adams.
The active ingredient is permethrin, a very efficient chemical for eradicating pests. The insecticide concentrate is available in a ready-to-spray 32-oz container. The nozzle attachment allows you to connect a garden hose on one end. When you press the trigger, a dilute solution of the insecticide rushes out through the other end of the nozzle.
The one 32-oz bottle of insecticide enables you to treat and repel pests from a 5000 square feet area. A single treatment will last about four weeks as long as there’s no heavy rainfall immediately after its application.
This product is designed for outdoor use only. You can treat your yard, lawn, flowers, trees, fences, woodpiles, among other infested areas. Although it contains chemical ingredients, Adams plus yard spray is not associated with bad smell or stains.
- Ideal for exterminating and repelling pests
- One bottle is enough to cover 5000 square feet.
- Leaves no stains
- Last for four weeks
- Hose attachment enables a hustle-free application.
- Not natural
Considerations for Best Mosquito Yard Sprays
Gardens, yards, and lawns provide a good harbourage for mosquitoes and other pests. When your yard is infested with mosquitoes, you risk suffering from mosquito bites and diseases. With the best spray for mosquitoes, it possible to keep your yard free from mosquitoes and other pests.
1. Area to Be Covered
When you look at most insect sprays’ specifications, you see the amount of space they are meant to cover. So, you should buy your product depending on the size of your yard, lawn, or garden.
For instance, if your garden is 10000 square feet, you may opt for the half-gallon bottle of the summit mosquito barrier spray. This is more economical than getting two bottles of the Bonide Mosquito Beater Spray.
On the other hand, if your garden is 5000 square feet or less, you can go for the 32-oz bottle of Bonide Mosquito Beater Spray.
The active ingredients in an insect killer provide the means for exterminating and repelling pests. Thus, a reliable mosquito spray should contain the most effective ingredients to repel and kill mosquitoes.
- Besides, the insecticide should have an adequate residual effect so as it continues exterminating pests that return. Normally natural insecticides provide shorter residual effects compared to chemical products.
A high residual effect eliminates the need for regular treatment, thus saving you time and money.
Environmental Impact – Inorganic insecticide sprays contain chemical ingredients that are harmful to the environment. So if you’re the cautious environment type, you may opt for organic insect sprays that are 100% free from chemicals.
You don’t want to have a smelly situation in your yard or garden. The synthetic formulations utilized in most chemical insecticides produce bothersome odors, which may cause several inconveniences.
- Feelings of nausea or sickness may be associated with such smells – Impact of barrier mosquito sprays
Luckily, some chemical insecticides will have little or no odor when sprayed on your garden. Most organic products do not have any unpleasant smell. Instead, they contain ingredients that leave a pleasant and welcoming sensation in your yard.
4. Does Not Leave Residues
Your beautiful yard looks excellent when it remains natural and clean. You don’t know what to leave stains all over the yard or garden with residues from insecticides.
So, when searching for the best insecticide for your garden, go for those that will not leave stains on vegetation, flowers, grass, or other substances.
Safety – The insecticides you use around your home should be free from harmful chemicals. Most organic products won’t do any harm to humans or pets.
However, if you prefer to use chemical products, ensure that they contain ingredients that pose little or no risk to your family and pets. As a precaution, insecticides should be kept away from children and pets.
The remedy for your mosquito menace lies in your ability to choose the most effective pest eradication product.
The above guide equips you with adequate information regarding the best mosquito yard sprays. A good product will help you eradicate mosquitoes and prevent future infestation.