If you have a rat problem, you need to eliminate it before the infestation escalates. The best way to get rid of these rodents is with high-quality rat or squirrel poison.Let’s take a look at the best rat poison on the market so that you can make a smart purchase today.
Reviews: 9 Best Rat Poisons for 2019
1. JT Eaton Bait Block Rodenticide – My Top Pick
This is a high-quality rat poison that is known to entire the rodents to eat it as quickly as possible due to its enticing peanut butter flavor. One container of this product contains 144 chunks which could last you for some time.
JT Eaton is known to be a great brand and this particular product is one of the best rat poisons with home/business owners around the world. Although this rat poison works really quickly, rats will take between 1-3 days to die after ingesting it.
- – It is peanut butter flavored which is irresistible to all rodents so is sure to work quickly.
- – It has a one year warranty, allowing you to get your money back if you are not satisfied with the product.
- – As the name would suggest, it works on all rodents and not just rats.
- – The chunks are easy to use wherever you need to. They also have handy holes so you can hang them up easily if your rodent hotspots are in harder to reach places.
- – While the active ingredient in this is powerful, some rodents are known to have a resistance to it.
2. Ecoclear Products RatX – Runner-Up
This is a really interesting type of rat poison that works really well but differently from other products on the market. It blocks neural transmissions in rats, which means that they will then die of dehydration in a couple of days.
There are multiple different packet types with this, you can get the poison by itself or with baiting stations. This is a product that is safe to use, which is why many people who have small children or pets will opt to use this.
- – The rodents will be killed after one feeding which means there is more of the product to go around.
- – It is environmentally friendly, biodegradable and safe for children.
- – It only works on rats so there is no chance of harming other animals or pets with the product.
- – There is no flavor to Ecoclear RatX that might entice rodents to eat it.
- – While this has earned its place on the list of best rat poison, it is a little more expensive than similar products on the market.
Related: Repellents for Squirrels
3. Contrac Blox
This is a very palatable poison for rats because of its low wax content and the perfect blend of ingredients to entice them.
Contract Blox is known to be a very effective product and is popular with people all over the world for killing rats. Only one feed is needed to kill the rodents but it might take a couple of hours to kick in.
Contrac Blox has to be put in a bait station before it is set up to exterminate the rats.
- – There is enough bait in one container to kill hundreds of rats and mice.
- – Can be used in both dry and wet weather conditions and targets rodents effectively.
- – While some rodents will have a tolerance to certain poisons, this one is known to have a very high “acceptance rate”.
- – In addition to rodents being highly attracted to Contrac Blox, dogs are also! You need to make sure this best rat poison is in a bait station that no dogs can get access to, although it is not known to be fatal to pets in general.
4. Neogen Rodenticide
This product comes in the form of pellets which can be used in a bait station to kill rats/mice. This is a more humane method of rat poison although it can take a while longer to kick in.
It works in both wet and dry weather conditions which is perfect no matter what your situation might be. There is no secret that rats love to gnaw and the way this poison is set up requires them to do just that, which allows the poison to work effectively as quickly as possible.
- – Neogen Rodenticide is ideal for treating larger infestations that have spread over an entire house.
- – There are many pellets in one container and there is more than enough to kill an entire population of rodents.
- – It has a very effective formula of ingredients and once ingested, will kill the rats right away.
- – The pellets are not safe for other animals and you should be careful where you put the bait because they can attract birds and squirrels.
5. Motomco Tomcat All-Weather Bait Chunx
While the name of this product is a bit of a mouthful, it’s super straight forward to use and works amazingly well as one of the best rat poison out there.
This is a pesticide that kills rodents by preventing blood clotting. It is probably the most powerful of the products mentioned and is toxic to all animals and even people. It is best to use this with a bait station.
- – It is good value for money especially when you consider the amount that you get in a tub.
- – You can be used indoors or outdoors and it is also suitable for all different weather conditions.
- – It has an appealing smell for rodents which means they are going to be attracted to it almost as soon as it is put down, saving you the hassle of trying to entice them in other ways.
- – Comes in chunk form, making it really easy to place wherever you need it.
- – Mice and rats will likely need to ingest it more than once for it to kill them.
Now that you know some of the best rat poisons available, you can get a great product that really works in killing rats, and quickly. Make a purchase today and it will be bye-bye to the rats and other rodents before you know it.