Roaches enjoy living in dark places that have water and food like the pantry, bathrooms, and kitchens; this could be many places in your apartment or house.
- So, what’s the best way to get rid of roaches in an apartment? – including for American, Oriental, or German Roaches? Let’s find out!
Well, you can try both DIY roach control or use the below effective ready-to-use roach killers.
|1||Combat Max 12 Month Roach Killing Bait, Small Roach Bait Station, Child-Resistant, 18 Count||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||TERRO T500 Indoor Multi-Surface Roach Killing Bait Cockroach Killer - 6 Bait Stations, Black||Check Price on Amazon|
1. HARRIS 10-Month Roach Killer – Your Roach Problem Solved
- Powerful Spray - Aerosol effectively sprays deep into cracks and crevices where roaches are hiding
- Long Residual - Continues to kill roaches for up to 10 months after application on non-porous surfaces
- EPA Registered - Registered for indoor residential use with the Environmental Protection Agency (No. 1021-1856-3)
- Kills Multiple Insects - The spray will kill roaches, ants, spiders, carpet beetles, asian lady beetles, scorpions, silverfish and more
- Wide Range of Use Areas - Use in areas such as bathrooms, bedrooms, pantries, chests, rugs and much more
Here’s how to get rid of roaches in an apartment permanently – you should choose the cockroach killer depending on where the roaches in your house are hiding.
However, you might require more than just one kind of roach killer for a large apartment or a smaller house.
- While you might enjoy catching some roaches roaming around the house, it is no secret that there is a whole colony hiding at some location in your residence.
- However, spraying insecticides will kill the roaches only on contact. Therefore, you should target the roaches in the areas they breed and live, making Bait Strips, Gels, and Combat baits highly effective in roach elimination.
After creating a nest and accessing enough food and water, the roach population will increase rapidly.
Therefore, you will only see the roaches when they are looking for food, and water, when they are migrating to a new nest when their population has grown too large, or they are escaping from insecticides.
- Roaches taste the food and other substances using their feet. German roaches love light Karo Syrup, brown sugar, protein carbohydrates, and sucrose.
However, when you mix sodium borate or boric acid, food-grade Diatomaceous Earth baits; ensure to keep them out of reach of children and pets.
Maybe you’re wondering, should I use roach bombs, or maybe boric acid roach killer?
Well, in this article, I’ve reviewed some highly effective and safe roach killers that’ll help your kill those roaches in the house.
2. #2 Pick: Harris Roach Tablets – Boric-Acid Kills Roaches Permanently
- Great Value - Minimum of 145 tablets included to treat a minimum of 12 rooms, long lasting when kept dry & extremely cost effective
- EPA Registered - Registered with the Environmental Protection Agency (No. 3-1) for use in homes with people & pets
- Irresistible to Roaches - Active ingredient 40% boric acid w/ our formulated lure to attract roaches. Does not have an expiration date.
- Kills the Entire Colony - Roaches carry boric acid back to their nests to kill the entire infestation
- Easy to Conceal - Use in hidden areas - under drawers, appliances and cabinets
What do professionals use to kill roaches? Harris Boric Acid contains 40% boric acid and 1% lure. It has a straw attached to the top, which makes it easy to use.
- For regular-sized kitchens, this powder can last for about a year.
- Therefore, you can pour the acid in the places that would be in general challenging to reach, such as cracks and crevices.
The manufacturer notes that this formula will kill the roaches within 72 hours after the first contact – which is fast action time.
Despite having a higher price tag than other roach killers, this powder roach killer has a lure that will help you get rid of the roaches faster.
The roaches carry the killer powder on their bodies to the nest and help eliminate the whole roach population.
Pro Tip: But, good waste disposal and food storage away from roach nests will be your best defense against roaches.
Check this comprehensive review of the Bengal roach spray – Bengal products work.
3 #3 Pick: Advion-383920 Roach Killers – German Roaches
- The numbers printed on the product is not an expiration date
DuPont Advion cockroach gel bait contains (1) a bait to attract roaches and (2) indoxacarb, causing a secondary kill effect on roaches like American and German cockroaches.
- It contains carboxylate, which is super lethal to roaches but safe for pets.
- So, plunge the gel from syringes onto basements, cabinets, baseboards, and kitchen countertops.
However, take care if you’re using the roach gel on planes and boats, including areas such as trashcans or baseboards.
Advion’s active ingredients will change to new molecules inside the roaches’ bodies and thus won’t harm other useful insects like ladybugs.
- But Advion gel is great for outdoor and indoor applications, including holes or cracks.
- The roach bait has a long residue effect.
Also, the syringe allows you to drop the roach bait into small crevices and cracks. Luckily, the secondary kill effect allows the roach bait to kill both the visible roaches and those in hiding.
- Long action range – 4 bait spots can attract roaches within 10 feet
- Secondary kill effect (1 poisoned roach can infect over 35 others)
- Safe for food handling areas and hospitals
- Ease to apply compared to roach sprays
- Can dry up when applied to surfaces with constant airflow
- Labor intensive
Related: What do Roaches Smell like?
4. Syngenta 383920-Advion Gel Roach Bait 4
- Dupont advice cockroach gel bait can be used in single and multi-family residential buildings, schools, commercial and industrial facilities (including warehouses, apartments, supermarkets,...
- Treatment rates for all uses: for heavy infestations of cockroaches, apply 3 to 5 spots of advice cockroach gel bait per 10 linear feet for light to moderate infestations of cockroaches, apply 1-3...
- Country Of Origin: United States
- Model Number: 383920
Syngenta 383920-Advion, with 2.15% Imidacloprid as its active ingredient, is specially designed for roaches – the best roach killer indoors.
Imidacloprid will cause a secondary kill effect on the stubborn roaches in your apartment.
Equally, just like with the Advion gel, you’ll require to plunge the roach bait (about a quarter inch in diameter) on crevices on the skirting boards, floors, and walls.
Imidacloprid will disrupt the roaches’ nervous system and equally block its neuronal pathways, leaving fatal effects on bugs. This “best roach killer” by Bayer CropScience leaves no lousy smell behind.
I recommend Syngenta 383920-Advion gel bait, too, for application in indoor and outdoor spaces.
However, you’ll have to reapply the gel every three months and only apply it to areas away from kids and pets.
- Safe for food-handling areas in addition to indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Quick knockdown effect (24 hours)
- Has eleven roach attractants
- Only for German Roaches – Brown-Banded Cockroach
5. Terro-T500 Roach Bait Station (Multi Surface)
- Kills Roaches When Spray Dries - The spray will kill once completely dried and continues to kill roaches weeks after application
- Great Value - 1 Gallon allows for repeated applications on an on-going basis to effectively eliminate roaches
- Odorless Formula - Odorless and non-staining formula will not cause damage to fabrics when used according to label directions
- EPA Registered - Approved for use in homes with people and pets by the Environmental Protection Agency (No. 3-11)
- Extended Trigger Sprayer - Use the included trigger sprayer to effectively treat areas where roaches are hiding
Place the roach baits in areas where roaches frequent, mix peanut butter and boric acid to make a trap cake for roaches, pour diatomaceous earth in areas where roaches will be moving, and remove all water sources or clogs in the apartment.
6. Ortho 0196410 Defense Roach Killer – Best Perimeter Spray
- Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter2 with Comfort Wand kills ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks and other listed bugs; the formula is odor free, won't stain, and keeps listed...
- KILLS BUGS INSIDE: Kills those annoying home-invading insects, including ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks, scorpions, beetles, silverfish, centipedes and millipedes
- KEEPS BUGS OUTSIDE: Creates a bug barrier that will kill bugs you have and prevents new bugs for up to 12 months (applies to ants, roaches and spiders indoors on non-porous surfaces)
- NO STAINING OR STINK: This spray can be used indoors and out, leaves no residue, and has no odor; people and pets may re-enter treated areas after spray has dried
- WAND MAKES APPLICATION EASY: The Comfort Wand eliminates hand fatigue, and there's no pumping required, making it easy to spray along your home's perimeter--indoors and outside
In addition to killing roaches in the apartment, Ortho Home Defense will also help you eliminate those bugs off your perimeter walls.
- Luckily, this roach killer is also longer-lasting and fast-acting, which means that it kills on contact.
- Therefore, if you need a roach solution that you can use for defense attacks, the Ortho Home Defense will be great for going around your house or apartment.
But, for a massive roach infestation, you can start with applying the formula inside and under refrigerators, sinks, cabinets, or baseboards.
Create a lethal roach barrier with this formula in areas such as garages, crawlspaces, door-frames, and windows.
However, this roach formula is poisonous, and thus, you must avoid spraying in areas frequented by pets or kids.
But use this roach formula in floor areas that won’t be covered by carpets.
It has the non-staining capability; it’s rain-resistant and has no odor in addition to being quick to kill roaches and other insects such as spiders.
Luckily, the barrier you’ve created will be active for a couple of months (about 12 months), eliminating even other insects such as spiders.
7. Combat Max 1-Year Roach Killer Bait Station
- Start killing small roaches in hours and prevent them from returning for up to 12 months with Combat Max Roach Killing Bait
- This package includes 18 child-resistant Combat Max roach killing bait stations for small cockroaches to protect your home for up to an entire year.
- Formulated with food that specifically attracts small roaches, plus a powerful insecticide, Fipronil
- Easy to use and kills in hours. Use all 18 baits. Break baits apart. Place all baits where roaches are found. Do not spray around baits. Sprays contaminate baits and reduce effectiveness. Replace all...
- Includes 18 child-resistant bait stations. Do allow children or pets to play with the bait stations
Set the discrete Combat Roach Bait Stations in your house to act as a virtual shield.
- The ingredients are highly lethal to roaches and start killing roaches from day one for up to 12 months.
Do you experience regular infestation by small cockroaches? Well, shun the many insecticide cans and opt for a more discrete, effective, and compact solution – this combat Max 12.
This roach killer solution will be great if your home has a regular infestation of small cockroaches. With this trap, you won’t have to keep many insecticides in the house.
Highlights: Ease of use, budget-friendly, highly effective for a long time, and discreet usage. But what is this trap really?
It’s made up of black discs that a homeowner can place in concealed locations such as under the bed, behind your toilet, under the fridge, or in drawers or cabinets.
- Every package comes with 18 bait stations that can last you even about a year controlling roaches in your house.
As noted in the bait station name, these roach killers will be active in how to get rid of roaches in apartments naturally for about 12 months.
Therefore, exterminators consider this roach bait to be one of the longest-lasting roach killing solutions available on the market today.
This bait station’s key advantages are that it’s both durable and cheap, and thus consumers consider them as great value for their money.
- I noted that after getting the bait stations to various house locations, I experienced a sudden reduction in the roach population.
The roaches will eat the Fipronil and transport them back to their nests, which will not kill just themselves but other roaches in the colony.
Since the roaches carry the insecticide to their nests, this bait station will help kill even the cockroaches you can’t see and can’t reach with spraying.
One of a few of the roaches will feed on the bait station and spread the love to their counterparts who were left at ‘home’ in areas like under huge appliances or sinks.
- Therefore, to kill a large roach population in your apartment, this Combat Max 12-Month is our top recommendation.
But, Indoxacarb and Imidacloprid are great ingredients as they’ll trigger a secondary killing.
8. Black Flag Roach Motel 61009 Best Roach Trap
- ROACH TRAP: Roach Motel has proven fruitful in eliminating roach infestation due to its effective design
- ROACH TRAP DESIGN: It attracts cockroaches by making them feel like they are crawling into a hole
- NON-TOXIC ROACH TRAP: Roach Motel uses glue to trap roaches instead of Pesticides
- SAFE TO USE AROUND CHILD: Sticky roach traps free of anything which can be harmful for children
- ROACH TRAPS INDOOR: Roach Motel is effective against waterbugs, palmetto bugs, spiders and scorpions
Roach Motel 61009 roach trap will be great for moderate roach infestations – killing both cockroaches and various crawling insects – among the best cockroach killer.
- This trap (unlike the Raid Ant & Roach spray above) can kill even the roaches that you’ve not even seen.
- Roaches will check-in and won’t ever get the chance to check out.
- Using a strong adhesive (syrupy bait), the Roach Motel 61009 trap will get hold of the roaches on contact – but has some slight odor.
Therefore, it’ll be a great alternative to using pesticides or poisons in roach killers. It’ll be functional for roughly 2-4 months.
The adhesive has some attractants for the cockroaches. However, avoid keeping the trap in areas with dirt and dust as it might cover the syrupy bait, which will significantly reduce its effectiveness.
- Some roach exterminators noted that this roach trap is highly effective for all roach types and sizes.
- But, you might still require to employ contact roach killers such as those with Raid Ant & Roach Spray.
I noted that this Roach Motel 61009 roach bait would work for kitchen areas (like cabinets or cupboards) and food areas because it has no poisons.
However, keep pets and children away from this bait as they might be unable to remove themselves from the sticky setup.
This Black Flag Roach Motel 61009 will clean a roach infestation and won’t leave carcasses spread all over the house like the roach sprays.
As noted above, the roach trap employs a sticky and sweetly smelling formula that will attract the roaches to the created cardboard box.
9. Raid Ant and Roach Killer Spray, Lemon
- Kills on contact.
- Residual kill of ants and roaches works for up to four weeks.
- Leaves behind no lingering chemical odor.
- Has an Outdoor Fresh scent.
- Use with other Raid Defense System products to work smarter, not harder, to fight bugs.
To expel cockroaches and avoid re-infestation, I recommend this Raid Ant & pet-safe roach killer.
This easy-to-use model kills roaches on contact and is effective for ants too. You’ll love the lemon scent that will attract the roaches but also leave the room fresh.
Its residue is effective for about four weeks, killing all those hiding bugs, including bed bugs (beetles, spiders, water bugs, etc.) during summer and beyond.
Besides, this spray will prevent roach infestation or re-infestation.
This spray is useful for areas that you know have roaches – particularly places they pass through.
- Check the comprehensive review for Raid and Roach killer. You’ll need to spray the Raid Ant & Roach Killer on visible crevices and cracks where the roaches could be hiding.
- Luckily, once you spray effectively around the critical areas around your apartment, you’ll get more extended protection against disturbing roaches. This Raid Ant & Roach Killer has a great lemon scent that you’ll love.
However, some homeowners hate that you sometimes have to chase the roaches to spray them since the insecticide kills on contact.
Also, consider how to get rid of roaches in the apartment naturally. It has excellent reviews, with some clients loving the lemon smell and fast action. Also, check the best drain cleaners.
How to get rid of roaches in apartments naturally – Combat Gel will help you control roaches in areas that are difficult to reach in the house.
- The gel’s characteristic feature will fit into crevices and cracks, which the roaches use as entry and nests.
- Further, you may use the gel to fight roaches on pipes that act as an entry into your house.
Bait strips will be useful to place under shelves and garbage lids since they have an adhesive area to allow easy concealment from pets and kids.