Are you struggling with the silverfish menace in your home? Well, here is a good opportunity to get the best silverfish killer to bring them to an end.
- Silverfish cause massive damage and have been a victim, getting the best solution is difficult. This is the reason I compiled – the insecticides so that anyone doesn’t have to go through what I experienced.
To make it easier for you, I selected different brands, with different applications and also modes of action. Most importantly, I also had to consider safety and budget-friendly products for your best pick.
|1||Safer Brand Safer Home SH110 Indoor Ant, Fly, Roach, Spider, Silverfish & Flea Killer...||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Silverfish Trap — 12 Pack | Sticky Indoor Glue Trap for Silverfish, Firebrat, and Other Bugs...||Check Price on Amazon|
1. Our #1 Pick: Dekko Silverfish Packs for Carpets, Drawers
- Boric Acid 20.0%
- Dekko Silverfish Paks are to be used in residential housing (indoors and attics), basements, closets, bookcases, around household clothing and fabric containers, drawers, and also rugs and carpets.
- Dekko Silverfish apply at approximately 2 oz per 100 square feet or 1 quart per 250 square feet
Dekko Silverfish Paks are to be used in residential housing (indoors and attics), basements, closets, bookcases, around household clothing and fabric containers, drawers, and also rugs and carpets.
Dekko gets the top prize for the best silverfish killer because it is effective and also reliable. On the contrary, it is designed with user safety as a priority.
Dekko silverfish packs are suitable to control silverfish where there are pets and children too. The best thing about this pesticide is that it is safe to use for both attics and indoors.
It has boric acid of 20 % which makes it very effective in controlling the silverfish among other pests within your household. You can use it on carpets, closets, fabric containers, and basements.
It has good coverage, with 1 quart covering an average area of 250 sq. feet. While a box has a set of 24 pieces, makes it economical because of its price tag that is also affordable.
Though silverfish is a stubborn pest that may take a few days to control, dekko provides a good treatment for them.
Replacing dekko every 3-4 months will be very ideal for the effective management of silverfish and other insects.
- Easy to apply
- It is safe
- Has good coverage
- Up to 4 month’s effectiveness
- It’s a slow working pesticide
2. #2 Pick: HARRIS Boric-Acid Silverfish Powder
- 1.Long Lasting - Continues to kill roaches, palmetto bugs, water bugs and silverfish for weeks after application as long as it's kept dry
- 2.Fast Acting - Insects coming into contact with the powder will die within 72 hours after initial contact
- 3.Easy Application - The puffer with extended straw makes application quick and simple for difficult to reach areas
- 4.Contains Irresistible Lure - Harris food grade lure attracts roaches from their hiding places
- 5.EPA Registered - Made in the USA and Registered with the Environmental Protection Agency (No. 3-10) for use in homes with people and pets
3. #3 Pick: Nuvan ProStrips-12 (Strips & Cages)
- NUVAN PROSTRIPS: features a convenient plastic cage that may be selectively placed, protecting enclosed areas for up to four months with a single application
- CONTROLS: labeled pests include bed bugs, flies, mosquitoes, wasps, gnats, moths, flying insects, cockroaches, ants, silverfish and various beetles
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Dichlorvos 18.6%
- IRAC: Group 1B Insecticide
- MODE OF ACTION: Dichlorvos, an organophosphate insecticide, works by inhibiting acetylcholinesterase and ultimately paralyzing insect nervous systems
The second product you can use to control silverfish is Nuvan. It is a versatile pest control product that is a package with strips and cages. You can use it to control bugs, silverfish among other insects within your household.
Each strip contains DDVP- this is the compound that fastens its killing mechanism. If you have silverfish in your house, use because it within days, your house will be clean.
These strips work by producing a vapor that is the killing agent. Despite its killing action, it remains odorless and is also safe.
Every single strip is about 16 grams and can be used to cover an area of about 100-200 sq. feet.
By stripping off the foil, you trigger their action to slowly release the vapor into action. This vapor paralyzes the silverfish system killing them instantly.
The vapor takes about 3 hours to saturate and kill the insects. However, this Nuvan strips and cages still remain effective and usable for a period of up to 4 months before disposing of them.
- Fast killing mechanism
- Safe for use indoors
- It is versatile
- Easy to use
- Not sold to California and New York
3. Raid Ant & Roach Killer (Lemon Scent)
- Roach Spray kills on contact and keeps killing with residual action for up to 4 weeks
- Kills Roaches, Ants, Silverfish, Crickets, Earwigs, Household Spiders, Multicolored Asian Lady Beetles, Stinkbugs, Scorpions, and Black Widow Spiders
- Leaves no lingering chemical odor
- This easy-to-use roach spray can be applied to surfaces where ants, roaches and other listed bugs may be infesting
- Retreat every 4 weeks as necessary to maintain control of indoor surfaces
Raid ant spray is the best for us if your house is over-infested with silverfish, bugs, crickets, and other insects. It kills by contact-making it the fastest way to reduce the insect’s population.
The spray can is designed with a simple to use technique that ensures smooth spray when in action.
Additionally, the spray is also scented so that you are able to carry out your spraying without irritation. Besides this fumes are safe o humans and do not leave any odor.
Though raid has a residual action of up to 4 weeks, to keep it strong, you have to retreat your room after every month.
This is probably, the best for use on indoor purposes. However, care must be taken when sparing kitchen and other areas in contact with human food.
- Fast killing action
- Kills a variety of insects
- Safe for use indoors
- Easy to use
- With a lemon scent
- Hard to kill those insects that it does not come into contact with.
4. Control Solutions (82002479) Insecticide
- Active Ingredient: 0.05 Deltamethrin
- non-staining and odorless.
- residual control of up to 8 months if undisturbed
This insecticide is one of its kind because of its unique composition of Deltamethrin. This active ingredient gives the ability to control solutions to control insects like silverfish, ants, fleas, termites, and ticks among others.
When you are using control, it has a residual effect that makes it active for a period of up to 8 months. This is one of the longest periods for any insecticide in action.
It is effective to use indoors because of its odorless nature. It is also has a non-staining effect and also suitable for use outdoors too.
Unlike another insecticide, it has unique water-resistant features neither does it absorb moisture.
Lastly, it works quite well and is also very easy to use. It’s easy to apply on openings where insects hide for protection.
- Has an active period of 8 months
- Easy to use
- Used to control many insects
- For use both indoors and outdoors
- The active ingredient concentration seems low
5. JT Eaton 360 Answer Insecticide
- Long lasting, effective even in small amounts
- This product is manufactured in United States
- Non-staining and non-flammable
- Item Weight: 1.17 lbs
JT is one of the best insecticides that you can use to control silverfish. It has been used over decades and proven its worth.
It is made in the US giving you more reasons why you should take it.
It is powdered in nature and very easy to apply when controlling silverfish. Besides, it has boric acid as an active ingredient that is very aggressive. It dehydrates and starves the silverfish to death within minutes.
Though it is safe to use JT Eaton for both indoors and outdoors pest control, always put on gloves and avoid direct contact.
It is non-flammable with non-staining features and poses minimum risks when used indoors and also in the kitchen.
Even when used in small portions, it spreads easily and works great to eliminate all silverfish in your household.
- Safe to use
- Has a long-lasting effect
- Safe for use
- Made in the USA
- Easy to spread
- Needs additional food or sugar to enhance performance
6. Ortho Home Defence Max Insecticide
- Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter2 with Comfort Wand kills ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks and other listed bugs; the formula is odor free, won't stain, and keeps listed...
- KILLS BUGS INSIDE: Kills those annoying home-invading insects, including ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks, scorpions, beetles, silverfish, centipedes and millipedes
- KEEPS BUGS OUTSIDE: Creates a bug barrier that will kill bugs you have and prevents new bugs for up to 12 months (applies to ants, roaches and spiders indoors on non-porous surfaces)
- NO STAINING OR STINK: This spray can be used indoors and out, leaves no residue, and has no odor; people and pets may re-enter treated areas after spray has dried
- WAND MAKES APPLICATION EASY: The Comfort Wand eliminates hand fatigue, and there's no pumping required, making it easy to spray along your home's perimeter--indoors and outside
Ortho provides the easiest and the safest way to protect your home from incoming insects like silverfish, ants, spiders, and others.
It creates a protective barrier for your home against invasion. It is safe to use indoors even where there are kids and pets.
It is effective and dries very fast-30 % than the previous Ortho product. Additionally, it uses boron as the active ingredient that protects your house throughout the year.
It is very easy to apply it on the surface and also spreads easy ready for action against silverfish in your house.
Basically, it has the capacity to get insects out of their hiding dungeons and kills them. Within a few weeks, you will have a clean home.
When in contact with silverfish and other insects, it works by stomach action and stops any digestion process, therefore, starving the insects to death.
- Dries fast
- Very effective
- Safe to use
- Suitable for indoor use
- Easy application
- Takes longer to kill insects
7. 7.9% Bifenthrin Concentrate Insecticide
- For use indoors and outdoors
- Can be tank mixed with other pesticides, including insect growth regulators
- Controls indoor pests including fleas, cockroaches and ants
- Also controls insects on ornamentals, trees and shrubs
- Covers up to 44,000 sq. ft.; Makes up to 44 gal. of ready-to-use spray
You can’t miss out on an insecticide that is versatile like the 7.9% bifenthrin. It’s built with the capacity to kills various insects like silverfish, mites, fleas cockroaches among others.
The beauty of it is that you can use it indoors and outdoors to control all kinds of insects. Interestingly, it is also very effective in controlling insects on shrubs, ornamental plants, or even trees.
One can of 8 Oz can be diluted into 44 gallons with a coverage of up to 44,000 sq. feet.
Additionally, it is very compatible with other insecticides for enhanced performance. Besides, you can also mix it with insect growth regulators as a way of controlling silverfish and other insects.
After mixing, the bifenthrin concentrate is now ready for use. This offers full protection by safeguarding your indoors and also destroys the insects hiding places.
- Versatile use
- Suitable for both indoors and outdoors
- Compatible with other pesticides
- Good coverage
- Used on ornamentals trees and shrubs
- None found
As you choose the best silverfish killer, always set your priority right. An insecticide that works both indoors and outdoors will work best for those with their own compound.
This will help you do a wholesome control of silverfish in your homestead. All in all, your safety and that of your children and pets should also be a priority.
Therefore let your choice consider them too. You can do a random pick from among the list or pick the number one listed product.