On the best silverfish repellent, you will not only acquire a quality product but also reduce the hassles of searching for the top choice solution.
- The current market is flooded with spray brands, which if you’re not careful, you may end up acquiring ineffective repellents or traps.
During selection, consider factors like quantity, action time, residue effects (if any), user mechanism, packaging form (powder, liquid, or compressed gas?), and the environmental impact upon use.
Reviews: Top 7 Best Silverfish Repellent in 2023
|1||Dekko Silverfish Paks DEK1002 (Pack of 2)||View On Amazon|
|2||Exterminator’s Choice - Silverfish Defense Spray - 32 OZ - Natural, Non-Toxic Silverfish...||View On Amazon|
- 1.Long Lasting - Continues to kill roaches, palmetto bugs, water bugs and silverfish for weeks after application as long as it's kept dry
- 2.Fast Acting - Insects coming into contact with the powder will die within 72 hours after initial contact
- 3.Easy Application - The puffer with extended straw makes application quick and simple for difficult to reach areas
- 4.Contains Irresistible Lure - Harris food grade lure attracts roaches from their hiding places
- 5.EPA Registered - Made in the USA and Registered with the Environmental Protection Agency (No. 3-10) for use in homes with people and pets
HARRIS Boric is a silverfish killer/repellent that features a concentrated powder formulation, which kills on contact – a great Silverfish Killer.
- The residual effects that come with HARRIS Boric guarantee total repulsion against silverfish thus limiting future infestation.
With HARRIS Boric, you will enjoy a comfortable application since the can is specially designed with an elongated application nozzle that enables you to administer powder into difficult hideouts.
- Moreover, the alternative nozzle is slightly wedged to support point application hence reducing any wastage.
Unlike other boric-based products, HARRIS Boric is agitated with a lure that attracts silverfish into the vicinity for easier killing.
- Indeed, the EPA-approved repellent is fast-acting and it won’t affect your pets during the action.
With HARRIS Boric, you can apply under or behind items such as washing machines, sinks, refrigerators, stoves, or dishwashers.
Alternatively, you can pour along cracks and crevices in your drawers, closets, cabinets, bookshelves, or baseboards without experiencing any stain marks.
Apart from killing silverfish, HARRIS Boric can also eliminate roaches, water bugs, and palmetto bugs.
- It is easier to apply – supports point application
- Has strong lure – to attract silverfish
- Won’t affect your pets during action
- Reliable and has long-lasting residual effects
- It’s EPA certified for home use
- Affordable and we’ll concentrate
- It’s suitable for both indoor and outdoor use
- Not suitable for commercial/large scale use
- It may poison cooked food
- 7 oz. powder presentation
- Contains diatomaceous earth (77.69%)
- Kills insects by ingestion/dehydration within 48 hrs
- Works indoors or outdoors
- OMRI Listed and compliant for use in organic gardening
Safer Brand features organic pest killing formula, which repels and kills entire silverfish infestation within 48 hours – getting rid of silverfish.
- You will love the natural ingredients that come with Safer Brand as they won’t affect your pets or kids when used.
Furthermore, the simple base compound is highly refined to prevent any skin irritation during application. Safer Brand kills silverfish by either dehydration or ingestion.
Actually, the powder works best for both indoor and outdoor pest elimination. You’ll not have to hassle preparing the product since it comes in a ready-to-use form.
More so, Safer Brand is budget-friendly and can be stored for future use (once opened) without getting spoilt. Importantly, Safer Brand also repels and kills ant, millipede, cockroaches, and crickets.
- Features organic pest control formula – no pollution
- Kills by dehydration and ingestion as well
- Works both outdoor and indoor
- It also kills cockroaches, millipede, ants, and crickets.
- Comes in a ready to use form/bottle – no preparation is needed
- It’s best for large silverfish infestation – effective
- Integrates natural ingredients – safe for pets
- Won’t affect pets or irritate your skin
- Not a spray option
- Require residual cleaning after use
- Comes in one canister package only
Dekko is a modern grade silverfish repellent that features concentrated boric acid ingredients (20%) and 80% inert components, which act to kill upon ingestion.
- The solid pack is finely compressed and gently agitated to boost poisoning action.
By choosing Dekko Silverfish, you will reduce frequent purchasing costs (it’s economical) and eliminate wastage caused by the use of spray or powder silverfish killers.
Actually, Dekko comes in two, 24-pack boxes that guarantee you multiple times use – usable for at least 4 months.
In addition, the package offers extra residual effects and integrates stain-resistant components – won’t mess applied surface.
- You can use Dekko Silverfish both indoors and outdoor without any challenge.
NB: Dekko has no itching effects; hence it won’t irritate your skin upon contact. However, the package should be kept away from kids and pets.
- It’s easier to install – place pack in a strategic point
- Comes in 24 pack box – multiple uses
- Highly refined with 20% boric acid and 80% inert ingredients
- It’s economical and kills when ingested
- Can be used either indoors or outdoors
- It lasts for over 4 months
- Has no itching effects on contact – no skin irritation
- It May take longer to kill the entire silverfish infestation – about 4 weeks
- Only kills when ingested
- Should be replaced after 4 months
- Should be kept away from pets and kids
Related: Fogger for Fleas
- Active Ingredient: 0.05 Deltamethrin
- non-staining and odorless.
- residual control of up to 8 months if undisturbed
D-Fence Dust is a bio-friendly silverfish killer that features finite chemical ingredients, which kills on contact.
- The powerful deltamethrin (0.05%) is extra concentrated to boost killing power, while the solution is agitated to improve penetration.
With D-Fence Dust, you will not only kill silverfish but also repel and inhibit their future infestation. The compound has strong residual effects that can last for over 8 months on single-use.
Moreover, D-Fense is odorless (won’t irritate your respiratory system when inhaled) and comes with a non-staining formulation that leaves your surface as it was after use.
- The 1.15 pounds canister guarantees value for money when used in small-scale silverfish elimination.
- However, for large-scale use, you may consider products like Ortho Defense as an alternative.
Remember, D-Fense Dust is fitted with a classic application nozzle that supports point delivery into cracks/crevices when in use.
Importantly, the solution is easier to clean and safe for your skin – no discomfort. However, D-Fense Dust should be kept away from children and pets
- Contains powerful Deltamethrin -0.05% – active ingredient
- It’s odorless and non-staining
- Weighs 1.15 pounds
- It guarantees value for money for small scale
- Has long residual effects -up to 8 months
- Allows precise application – has wedged nozzle design
- Quick-acting – kills on contact
- The package should be more for large scale use
- To be stored away from children
- It’s not a spray option
- Long lasting, effective even in small amounts
- This product is manufactured in United States
- Non-staining and non-flammable
- Item Weight: 1.17 lbs
JT Eaton 360 is a concentrated silverfish repellent that comes packed in a ready-to-use dilution ratio.
- The inflammable compound is highly refined to improve killing action (kills in contact) and boost crack penetration.
You will definitely love the alternative nozzle that comes with JT Eaton as it allows point application, thus eliminating overspray.
In addition, the powder substance integrates non-staining ingredients that prevent surface damage upon use – Fogger for Roaches.
JT Eaton works best when used either indoors or outdoor – provided it’s kept dry on the surface.
You can count on JT Eaton when it comes to action power – the powder has a long-lasting residual effect and limited environmental pollution.
The US-made product also features a reliable active eliminator (boric acid), which not only kills silverfish, but also repels ants, roaches, bugs, and other crawling insects.
For your safety, JT Eaton won’t cause skin irritation on contact or create nasal discomfort when inhaled. Notably, JT Eaton is budget-friendly and easier to use
- Has long-lasting residual effects
- Packed in ready to the used dilution ratio
- Works both indoors and outdoor – effective
- It’s not flammable and doesn’t stain surfaces
- Contains boric acid – an active ingredient
- Kills on contact and don’t irritate the skin
- Made in the USA and weighs 16oz
- Also kills cockroaches, bugs, ants, and other crawling insects
- Has a classic application nozzle – allows point application
- Only comes in one can – not for large scale use
- To be kept away from kids and pets
- Lacks lure additives
Related: When to Use a Cockroach Bomb?
- Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter2 with Comfort Wand kills ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks and other listed bugs; the formula is odor free, won't stain, and keeps listed...
- KILLS BUGS INSIDE: Kills those annoying home-invading insects, including ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks, scorpions, beetles, silverfish, centipedes and millipedes
- KEEPS BUGS OUTSIDE: Creates a bug barrier that will kill bugs you have and prevents new bugs for up to 12 months (applies to ants, roaches and spiders indoors on non-porous surfaces)
- NO STAINING OR STINK: This spray can be used indoors and out, leaves no residue, and has no odor; people and pets may re-enter treated areas after spray has dried
- WAND MAKES APPLICATION EASY: The Comfort Wand eliminates hand fatigue, and there's no pumping required, making it easy to spray along your home's perimeter--indoors and outside
Ortho Home is a defensive silverfish repellent/killer that features a complex chemical formulation, which acts instantly on contact.
The odorless compound is packed in a large storage container (11.7 ounces) which covers a wide area – it’s best for large-scale use.
With Ortho Home, you will enjoy one-touch comfort during application since it comes with a classic wand that allows point delivery without hand fatigue.
- Moreover, Ortho Home is specially designed with a wide base (stable) that supports intermittent placing while in use without toppling.
Ortho Home guarantees value for money – one container covers 5000 square feet. Indeed, the liquid spray can either be used indoors or outdoors.
- Though Ortho Home integrates non-staining properties, it should not be used over porous surfaces.
Furthermore, you should avoid overspray or dilution. Ortho Home is safe for pets and won’t irritate your skin on contact.
Notably, Ortho Home leaves a long-lasting residual effect – remains active for 12 months.
- Suitable for large scale use – covers 5000 square feet
- Has long-lasting residual effect – remains active for 12 months
- Comes with flexible and heavy-duty spray connectors/wand
- Can be used either indoors or outdoors
- Won’t stain the non-porous surface
- It’s quick-acting – kills on contact
- Features a classic directional pray nozzle
- It supports point application
- Don’t stink or cause skin irritation when in use
- Unsuitable for porous surface
- Slightly expensive – not best for small scale
Related: Flea Spray for Yard
- Kills a Variety of Insects - Kills roaches, fleas, ants, bed bugs, and more
- Powder Duster Included - Includes powder duster for easy surface application or deep into cracks and crevices
- No Fillers or Additives - Composed of 100% freshwater diatomaceous earth mined in Nevada and packaged in Georgia
- Long Lasting - Diatomaceous Earth remains effective indefinitely as long as it's kept dry
- Satisfaction Guarantee - If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, simply contact us and we will issue a refund
HARRIS Diatomaceous is a naturally sourced silverfish repellent that features a long-lasting fine powder, which kills pests on contract. The super-grade powder contains zero additives or fillers.
Actually, HARRIS is composed of 100% freshwater diatomaceous earth, which guarantees the best action when in use.
- As long as the compound is kept dry, it will continuously repel silverfish and prevent any future re-infestation.
Moreover, HARRIS Diatomaceous comes with a free powder duster that supports smooth surface application – you can easily fill cracks and crevices during pest control.
- Not forgetting, HARRIS Diatomaceous can be used both indoors and outdoor.
All you need is to locate silverfish infestation and sprinkle the powder or apply the powder in the section which you anticipate any sign of silverfish infestation.
- HARRIS Diatomaceous repels or kills silverfish by either dehydration or ingestion within 48 hours.
- Cases of skin irritation during application or pets’ discomfort can be avoided by using HARRIS Diatomaceous-safe.
Furthermore, the powder guarantees value for money when used as advised by the manufacturer.
- Notably, HARRIS can also be used when killing or repelling other insects such as ants, bedbugs, fleas, and roaches.
Go for silverfish repellent that is easier to use, well concentrated, acts on contact, available in different quantities, and one with fast-drying formula without sacrificing the overall cost.
Notably, your silverfish repellent choice should never pollute or cause any harm to the environment whatsoever.
- It’s 100% additives free
- Simple to clean after use – no stains
- Has long-lasting effects – when dry
- Doesn’t have any fillers
- Also kills ants, bedbugs, fleas, and roaches
- Can be used either outdoors or indoors
- Packed in highly refined powder form
- It kills on contact or when swallowed – within 48 hrs
- It’s highly penetrative to cracks and crevices
- It guarantees value for money
- Comes with powder duster – easier surface application
- May cause nasal irritation when inhaled – for allergic persons
- Unsuitable for large scale silverfish infestation control
Related: Best Ant Killer
In summary, on the best silverfish repellent, you’ve realized that quality is not a function of price and quantity alone, but includes other chemical formulation and active ingredients present.
When making your repellent selection, consider humans/pets’ safety, environmental impact upon use, action time on a single application, and longevity of residual effects as well.