It’s no secret that spiders can be dangerous pests. They are often found in dark, damp areas of the home and garden where they spin webs to trap insects for food.
If you find them getting into your house or yard, it’s important to get a spider trap as soon as possible!
This post will discuss the different spider traps and how to use them effectively so you can catch those bugs! In this Pest Policy review guide, we’ll talk about;
- The Best Traps
- What Types of Effective Spider Traps are in the Market?
- Using Glue Board Traps in Killing Spiders
- Are there Available Electrical Spider Traps?
In our review of 7 different spider traps, the CatchMaster-724 emerged the best.
- Terro-3200 Spider Trap is easy to use, it’ll trap and kill a variety of insects (including spiders, roaches, ants, crawling insects, and silverfish bugs).
- Each pack contains 16 glue traps and they’re safe for killing spiders in homes that have kids and pets – its chemical-free.
Spider Traps We Reviewed
Need to find the best spider traps as quickly as possible? Then we have a list for you below.
- CatchMaster-724 Spider Trap with Professional Strength
- Terro-T3206 Spider and Insect Trap
- Bell-Trapper Monitor Spiders, Bed Bugs, & Cockroaches Trap
- Terro-3200 Spider Trap
- EATON JT-844 Spider GlueTrap
However, if you prefer more in-depth information about how each one sets up and what perks it has to offer, then keep on reading!
What Types of Effective Spider Traps are in the Market?
Simply, spiders are only available in form of glue traps, also know as sticky boards, or glue boards.
- It’s difficult to know how big a spider is if you don’t have it nearby, and different spiders come in many shapes and sizes. Further, spiders have varied body weigh as some big spiders get up to 100 grams.
The sticky glue board is a flat surface with glue on it. The spider will get stuck to the trap when they walk over, or crawl across its adhesive surface and can’t move off of it until you remove them.
Some people think that these traps are cruel because spiders aren’t given any chance to escape, even if they are not poisonous.
However, the sticky board is a very effective way of getting rid of spiders because it keeps them in one place so they can’t escape and if you find large numbers together then there will be more than enough to keep on your trap.
- The glue boards are also an effective method for catching other insects such as ants, flies and beetles that may pose a threat to humans or pets.
- If you have any questions about spider traps at all please feel free to leave us your comment below and we would love to help!
Using Glue Board Traps in Killing Spiders
For top effectiveness, place the glue boards on those spider’s path or areas that they frequent and travel. Here’s some of the places where to place the glue boards;
- Quiet and dark areas since they are predators
- In the corners of your living room
- Near windows and doors
- Under furniture so that spiders can walk on them
How to avoid getting bitten by a spider when using glue boards? Wear gloves or old clothes you don’t care about, because they may catch some residue from the trap.
If you are not wearing gloves it is recommended to use a long stick with rubber band around one end of it for picking up traps. This will prevent any contact between fingers and sticky surface.
What should I do if I see more than 20 spiders at once? Try to find where they might be coming from – check window sills, cracks in walls etc.
Check all possible entry points into home: pipes going into the house, door mats, cracks in foundation. Related: Cost of Spider Exterminators.
Are there Available Electrical Spider Traps?
But market has electric fly swatters for insects such as flies, and so a spider that’ll find itself within this device’s territory may get killed.
Swatter might not offer a solution to effectively trap spiders – you need something that’ll trap and avail the spiders for you.
If so . . . the glue Spider Trap is what you’re looking for! Check the video below to see how spider traps work.
The Best Spider Traps We’ve Reviewed
- Catches even mice
- Its Pre-baited
- Non-toxic spider trap
Certain types of spiders, like brown recluse spiders, will be caught by these traps.
Brown recluse spiders are notoriously difficult to capture but bait aversion is still a worry among spider exterminators.
The Brown recluses don’t succumb to regular insecticides, as they have a protective layer of thick hair but CatchMaster-724 won’t fail.
For example, one of the houses at a nearby ranch reported youth troubled and infested with brown recluse spiders and we spent hours trying to get rid of them before success – CatchMaster-724 was highly effective.
The Catchmaster 288i Trap is an excellent option if you are looking for something that will work even with heavy use in areas where there may not be many spiders around but mice are common.
- The adhesive starts working quickly and has no odor so it won’t lead potential prey away from your trap.
- This spider catcher is best used indoors or outdoors; however, when outdoors you need to make sure any nearby plants don’t touch the glue pad because this can interfere with its effectiveness by making it difficult for the
- Worked effectively as designed
- Every trap will last for 3 months or remove when its full of spiders
- Has a covered outline and hence catches spiders from all directions
- non-toxic as they lack insecticides
Terro T3206 is made by Woodstream Corporation is a great product for any home spider control. It is an insecticide that can be used to kill crawling insects like ants, and spiders.
The Terro T3206 can be used on a variety of surfaces including under furniture, behind doors, wall paper, carpeting and in corners.
The spider trap measures 4 in x 10 inches and comes with 5 glue traps that can be laid folded or flat. The spiders plus other insects will simply walk over and get trapped onto the glue pads.
The glue pads lack poisons and hence you’ll find them effective but still safe for home around kids and pets. Due to being small-sized spiders traps, they’ll be easy to tuck onto discreet places.
It’s designed to trap the “big 3” dangerous spiders: hobo spider, brown recluse, and the black widow among other in the more than 40,000 spider species.
- 4-pack Spider traps
- Highly durable glue
- Comes with the attractant for spiders and different pests
- Great trapping spiders in colder areas (wide temperature ranges)
EATON JT-844 will come is a pack of 4 traps – these will trap a variety of crawling insects and small rodents including mice, rats, snakes, crickets, spiders, and roaches.
This trap will in addition catch those mice and won’t require a bait – plus its supplied with both Spanish and English Instruction. Further, it’ll remove those Maryland crickets including cave cricket, spider cricket, and camel cricket.
Tip: Place the EATON JT-844 traps in a “tunnel” of cardboard (left or right side) or behind furniture.
I love that this EATON JT-844 comes with a 1-year warranty. Its great for catching small rodents.
They are also scented using a non-toxic liquid to make them more attractive. For tight spaces where you need protection, thin shapes like these are a perfect choice.
- Many traps (90) provided in the box
- Great performance history
- Effective working
- Simple and easy for most homeowner to use
Bell-Trapper Monitor & Trap is an effective spider traps that can catch spiders, bed bugs and cockroaches.
Trap nests may be used with more than one trap, but remember cardboard traps are not waterproof so refrain from placing them in a wet environment.
These glue boards don’t have attractants or insecticide on them. In over 20 years of using these traps, we’ve not needed anything but the regular glue for them to work well.
These boards are sticky to anyone, but they’re even more enticing to the eight-legged creatures many cultures fear – caught as they wonder around.
Each of the Bell-Trapper spider traps has glue pads that measure 7 by 3-inch – you may use them as one piece of separate them into 3 parts and position on the quiet or dark location.
Its glue pads are super sticky and will readily trap the spiders. Further, these traps are low-priced and hence will be excellent for controlling major spider infestations.
The Terro-3200 Spider Trap is effective for catching spiders and other crawling insects. The adhesive is non-toxic to humans, but will kill the insect on contact.
Terro-3200 has a very strong adhesive that can be used to catch spiders and other crawling insects with ease! This trap has a long shelf life of up between three years to four years.
The Terros Spider Trap is made with high-quality and durable materials, which makes it more likely to last for longer periods of time than other traps on the market today. The glue can be used not just outdoors but also indoors too!
The glue is also waterproof, which means it will work even when the surface you put in on gets wet from rain or other forms of water. Glue boards will catch those spiders, but you must place them correctly.
How to Use This Trap:
- To use this trap, all you need to do is lay the trap flat on a surface and press it down firmly.
- The trap will emit glue automatically, which means that all you have to do is wait for a spider or other crawling insect to get stuck!
- The Terros Spider Trap can be placed anywhere outdoors as long as it doesn’t get too wet from rain or other forms of water.
Here are some pros and cons about this trap:
Do Terro Spider traps work?
Yes! Terro Spider traps are cheap and non-toxic (non-chemical) devices that effectively captures crawling insects like spiders, crickets, cockroaches, and ants.
We’ll show you how to use Terro Spider traps, why they work so well and what are the pros and cons of these pest control devices.
The Best Ways To Use Terro Trap:
- Place trap near or on doorways like around windows and doors that lead outside your home
- Place traps along window ledges (one every six feet) where spiders love to hide during the day
- Put a few in the corners of rooms if there is an insect problem in those areas as this will attract bugs from all over the room while also deterring them from crossing paths with humans for safety reasons.
Terro Spider Traps has been around since 1978 and being used by professionals in pest control all over North America with great results.
They come in two different sizes: large or small depending on where you’re trying to capture spiders at home (or work).
These traps comes pre-baited so they will attract more pests than other brands which leaves your house less likely to be invaded again after getting it under control quickly.
On the best spider traps, Terro-3200 Spider Trap is a very inexpensive way to find relief from spiders in your home without having to resort to expensive pest control services.
And if you’re looking for something more heavy duty than this particular glue trap can provide, then there’s always electrocuting devices like fly zappers which will only require one trip per kill!