Yellow Jackets (also known as wasps or hornets) are infamous for their painful stings and aggressive behavior, which can cause not only quick discomfort but also allergic reactions in pets and humans alike.
- So, if you’re seeking a peaceful and secure outdoor environment, it’s crucial to have effective measures in place to deal with these stinging insects.
I’ve provided helpful information on how you can select the best hornet and wasp spray to take out these bugs with speed, precision, and courage. In A Hurry? Check Our Top Picks…
- TERRO T3300 Spray Wasp & Hornet Killer
- Ortho Home-Defense Wasp & Hornet Killer
- Bonide Products INC 629 Brown/A – Hornet Killer
[amazon bestseller=”Best Spray for Yellow Jackets” items=”2″ template=”table”]
The Best Yellow Jacket, Wasp & Hornet Sprays
[amazon box=”B007VN2G5G” template=”horizontal”] TERRO T3300 has a powerful spraying distance (jets about 20 feet) and produces some thick foam to ensure controlling wasps and the yellow jackets are seamless.
- The active ingredient in this spray is a pyrethroid that is combined with a foaming (and thick) spray to ensure it envelopes the nest to trap the insects inside. Further, the spray foam could last for about 24 hours to exterminate any hornets that may be hiding.
TERRO T3300 spray can shoot about 15 feet horizontally and thus to avoid stinging by the bugs, you’ll apply the insecticide while having a decent distance between yourself and the nest. Yellow jackets may get into your house using the underground – and so most of the traditional control methods for these stinging bugs may not work.
- Luckily, the spray comes with a mild odor plus it’s thick enough not to be blown off easily. Further, the spray container is well firring, and thus kids cant dislodge or open it easily.
[amazon box=”B0784WG4FD” template=”horizontal”] If you have several wasp nests around your property, I recommend getting yourself Ortho Home Defense aerosol. It is a very effective spray for killing wasps, yellow jackets, hornets, and mud daubers. This spray comes with a nozzle and is pressurized, allowing you to reach wasp nests that are 20 feet away. And you don’t have to worry about wasps that return after you spray. Ortho’s long-lasting residue will continue to destroy wasps several days after you have finished spraying. Ortho is also formulated to form foams on coming in contact with surfaces. Thus, when the insecticide is sprayed into cracks and crevices, it entraps the wasps killing them instantly. The foam wades its way through the openings to reach wasps that hide around carports, under roof eaves, doorways, doorways e. t. c. The Good:
- It’s a trusted instant hornet and wasp killer.
- Has a spray distance of up to 20 feet
- Long-lasting residue
- Limited to outdoor usage only
[amazon box=”B084ZZDYSG” template=”horizontal”] HARRIS Wasp Killer is a suitable bug killer for targeting flying insects. The spray can shoot about 20 feet to reach most of the yellow jacket nests to easily exterminate all the wasps above ground.
- Luckily, this insecticide spray can kill different flying pests including bees, yellow jackets, hornets, and wasps – showing the versatility of the product in its work.
The foam in this HARRIS Wasp Killer will cover the bug’s nest, expanding to stop the pests in their tracks – killing all the yellow jackets in the nest. On effectiveness and safety, HARRIS Wasp Killer is EPA approved and registered and hence we can trust its quality and environmental friendliness.
- This versatile yellow jacket spray will be effective in killing these bugs in the attic, in indoor spaces, and in outdoor nests.
[amazon box=”B01L7W127O” template=”horizontal”] For bees and yellow jackets that live in inaccessible places, Spectricide will not disappoint you. Its foam spreads easily to eliminate ground-nesting bees and yellow jackets. It is designed with a detachable extension tube to precisely attack the yellow jackets in their underground hideouts. This auxiliary feature makes it highly effective in knocking out a huge colony of wasps with minimal spray.
- Spectricide saves you the cost of having different insecticides for different purposes. With the removable tube in place, it can spray a distance of 5-6 feet.
- However, without the removable tube, the spray works pretty much like a normal aerosol.
Besides, Spectricide works like a foam due to its ability to spread to crevices where some of the wasps hide. What’s more, this is a valuable asset that will relieve you from the havoc wreaked by wasps. The Good:
- Kills instantly with just one spray
- Ideal for bees and yellow jackets that live in hidden places
- It’s quite expensive for those on a tight budget.
- It has a relatively shorter spraying distance, and you may need to get closer to the insects.
[amazon box=”B005EVBDC4″ template=”horizontal”] Wasp and Hornet Killer is a five-star rated insecticide worth your investment. It’s an outdoor spray containing d-Trans Allethrin with 0.12% of phenothrin. It comes as a ready-to-use spray in a case of 12*17 Oz cans. Wasp-freeze will give you the ultimate solution to yellow jackets and other stinging insects as it kills them within seconds. The spray releases a steady stream that can reach insects as far as 20 feet. Its effects last longer, therefore able to kill insects that later come into contact with sprayed surfaces. Wasp-Freeze delivers its promise of exterminating wasps. For even better results, use the spray at night. Its effects are so instant that wasps will not come to get you after you spray. Plus, its long steady stream enables you to spray from a distance for increased safety. Though it’s pricey compared to some wasp killers in the market, it’s a reliable solution that will not disappoint. The Good:
- Efficient instant wasp killer
- Its 20 feet spray reach guarantees your safety.
- Cna spray up-t0 5 meters
[amazon box=”B000NGR9OG” template=”horizontal”] Spectracide PRO is an indisputable instant killer of yellow jackets, wasps, and hornets. And just like the Raid, its residues will not spare wasps that come back to salvage their nest.
- Spectracide PRO will last up to 4 weeks in the hive, meaning you do not have to spray frequently.
- Spectracide PRO is famous for its ability to eradicate harmful insects that bite from a distance.
Its steady stream of spray can reach nests that are 20 feet away, making it efficient for high and far points. But it also does a good job for wasps that stay on the ground. Its price is highly discounted when you buy an economical package of 12 instead of buying a single pack. For excellent results, remember to shake the Spectricide PRO to ensure the contents mix well. Moreover, aim the nozzle at the target area to increase your chances of killing as many wasps as possible. The Good:
- Kills wasps instantly
- It sprays far with a steady stream.
- Its residues last up to 4 weeks to kill returning wasps
- Contents of this mist-like spray may scatter on unintended places
[amazon box=”B06ZZQBWLX” template=”horizontal”] This is a 14-ounce wasp and hornet killer with the ability to exterminate other insects such as bees, ants, and mud daubers. It’s formulated to kill insects instantly together with larvae and pupae. Remnants of the insecticide remain active in exterminating hornets or wasps that come into contact with the sprayed surfaces. Raid is not recommended for indoor usage. So, you may need to seek other options to tackle the wasps in the house.
- But for wasps around homes, Raid does a great job. You don’t have to worry about the nests of wasps held up high as Raid can effectively spray up to 22 feet.
- As a famous brand, Raid has earned an excellent reputation for delivering great value to its customers.
It is cherished for its ability to kill a variety of insects together with their larvae. For maximum benefits, it is advisable to use the insecticide after dusk. The Good:
- Fast-acting and efficient wasp killer
- Ideal for exterminating bees, ants, and other pests
- Strong pungent smell
[amazon box=”B002Y6D2D0″ template=”horizontal”] A hotshot is a powerful yet very effective instant insect killer. It comes in 17.5 ounces and is designed to kill hornets, wasps, and other insects like scorpions and tent caterpillars.
- Residues of this spray are powerful enough to kill wasps that return to salvage their shelters.
- With its notable 27 feet spray distance, Hot Shot provides an easy way of killing wasps that build nests in high places.
Typically the jet of this spray can reach most top points of a two-story building. You can use it both indoors and outdoors. Its long spray distance ensures that wasps don’t come after you when you attack them. Additionally, Hot Shot is water-based and produces a stainless residue. So, you don’t have to worry about ruining your clothes with this spray. Also, when it gets in contact with the surface, Hot Shot slightly forms foams, which disappear within seconds. The Good:
- It’s an instant wasp killer.
- It is water-based and hence does not stain clothes or surfaces.
- Its 27 feet spray distance is ideal for reaching the farthest points in the building
- In windy conditions, the spray distance may be reduced
- It may not kill us instantly as it promises
For yellow jackets, consider purchasing from the brands I have reviewed. These are brands that have been tried and tested and have proven to do what they promise.
- This review has got you covered whether the wasps live in high places of the structures or haven in underground nests.
Finally, always remember to read and follow the health and safety precautions that come attached to these insecticides.