What’s the best spray for yellow jackets? Does the sight of a bee rekindle the trauma of a bee sting you have ever suffered? Relax…
Wasp stings are equally painful but more dreadful due to their ability to sting severally before dying.
But bees sting once and then die. Yellow-jackets are aggressive wasps – thus are challenging to control in your indoor and outdoor premises. Let’s check the reviews!
In A Hurry? Check Our Top Picks…
- Powerful Jet Spray - Aerosol effectively reaches nests up to 20 feet above ground
- Kills a Variety of Flying Insects - Effective for wasps, hornets yellow jackets and bees
- Stops Wasps Instantly - The foam kills wasps on contact and expands to quickly reach the entire nest
- EPA Registered - Registered with the Environmental Protection Agency (No. 1021-1780-3)
- Indoor/Outdoor Use - In addition to outdoor nests, the spray can also be used indoors such as in attics or anywhere nests are built
- Kills on contact
- Foam expands to where insects live
- Spray into hard-to-reach areas
- Spray foam
For bees and yellow jackets that live in inaccessible places, Spectricide will not disappoint you. Its foam spreads easily to eliminate ground-nesting bees and yellow jackets.
It is designed with a detachable extension tube to precisely attacking the yellow jackets in their underground hideouts.
This auxiliary feature makes it highly effective in knocking out a huge colony of wasps with minimal spray.
- Spectricide saves you the cost of having different insecticides for different purposes. With the removable tube in place, it can spray a distance of 5-6 feet.
- However, without the removable tube, the spray works pretty much like a normal aerosol.
Besides, Spectricide works like a foam due to its ability to spread to crevices where some of the wasps hide. What’s more, this is a valuable asset that will relieve you from the havoc wrecked by wasps.
- Kills instantly with just one spray
- Ideal for bees and yellow jackets that live in hidden places
- It’s quite expensive for those on a tight budget.
- It has a relatively shorter spraying distance, and you may need to get closer to the insects.
- Use Sites: Outdoors on a variety of flying insects including bees, wasps, hornets and yellowjackets; also labeled for spiders
- Active Ingredient: d-trans Allethrin and Phenothrin
- Spray from 15 feet away.
- Package Weight: 8.332 kilograms
Wasp and Hornet Killer is a five-star rated insecticide worth your investment. It’s an outdoor spray containing d-Trans Allethrin with 0.12% of phenothrin. It comes as a ready-to-use spray in a case of 12*17 Oz cans.
Wasp-freeze will give you the ultimate solution to yellow jackets and other stinging insects as it kills them within seconds.
The spray releases a steady stream that can reach insects as far as 20 feet. Its effects last longer, therefore able to kill insects that later come into contact with sprayed surfaces.
Wasp-Freeze delivers its promise of exterminating wasps. For even better results, use the spray at night. Its effects are so instant that wasps will not come to get you after you spray.
Plus, its long steady stream enables you to spray from a distance for increased safety. Though it’s pricey compared to some wasp killers in the market, it’s a reliable solution that will not disappoint.
- Efficient instant wasp killer
- Its 20 feet spray reach guarantees your safety.
- Cna spray up-t0 5 meters
- FAST KNOCKDOWN: Kills wasps, hornets, yellow jackets and mud daubers
- JET SPRAY: This product reaches nests up to 20 feet away
- ELIMINATES THE NEST: SpectracidePRO Wasp & Hornet Killer kills the entire nest and kills returning wasps and hornets for up to 4 weeks
- OUTDOOR USE ONLY: Dielectric breakdown voltage of 47, 300 volts
- WHEN TO APPLY: Apply at sunrise or sunset when insects are least active
Spectracide PRO is an indisputable instant killer of yellow jackets, wasps, and hornets. And just like the Raid, its residues will not spare wasps that come back to salvage their nest.
- Spectracide PRO will last up to 4 weeks in the hive, meaning you do not have to spray frequently.
- Spectracide PRO is famous for its ability to eradicate harmful insects that bite from a distance.
Its steady stream of spray can reach nests that are 20 feet away, making it efficient for high and far points. But it also does a good job for wasps that stay on the ground.
Its price is highly discounted when you buy an economical package of 12 instead of buying a single pack.
For excellent results, remember to shake the Spectricide PRO to ensure the contents mix well. Moreover, aim the nozzle at the target area to increase your chances of killing as many wasps as possible.
- Kills wasps instantly
- It sprays far with a steady stream.
- Its residues last up to 4 weeks to kill returning wasps
- Contents of this mist-like spray may scatter on unintended places
- Kills wasps, yellow jackets, mud daubers and hornets
- Entrapping foam stops wasps instantly
- Jet spray reaches nests up to 20 feet above ground allowing you to stand a safe distance from the nest
- Kills insects that return to the nest
- Pinpoint accurate foam reaches nests under roof eaves, around carports, doorways, window frames and other outdoor areas
If you have several wasp nests around your property, I recommend getting yourself Ortho Home Defense aerosol. It is a very effective spray for killing wasps, yellow jackets, hornets, and mud daubers.
This spray comes with a nozzle and is pressurized, allowing you to reach wasp nests that are 20 feet away.
And you don’t have to worry about wasps that return after you spray. Ortho’s long-lasting residue will continue to destroy wasps several days after you have finished spraying.
Ortho is also formulated to form foams on coming in contact with surfaces. Thus, when the insecticide is sprayed into cracks and crevices, it entraps the wasps killing them instantly.
The foam wades its way through the openings to reach wasps that hide around carports, under roof eaves, doorways, doorways e. t. c.
- It’s a trusted instant hornet and wasp killer.
- Has a spray distance of up to 20 feet
- Long-lasting residue
- Limited to outdoor usage only
- Kill wasps and hornets on contact and with residual action to help keeps areas free of pests
- Can be used to kill the entire nest ,Suitable for outdoor use
- Covers up to 22 sq. ft. and can be sprayed from up to 20 ft. away
- Childproof cap for safety
- This product is applicable for the following pest types: Hornets, Wasps, Yellow Jackets
This is a 14-ounce wasp and hornet killer with the ability to exterminate other insects such as bees, ants, and mud daubers.
It’s formulated to kill the insects instantly together with the larvae and pupae.
Remnants of the insecticide remain active in exterminating hornets or wasps that come into contact with the sprayed surfaces.
Raid is not recommended for indoor usage. So, you may need to seek other options to tackle the wasps in the house.
- But for wasps around homes, Raid does a great job. You don’t have to worry about the nests of wasps held up high as Raid can effectively spray up to 22 feet.
- As a famous brand, Raid has earned an excellent reputation for delivering great value to its customers.
It is cherished for its ability to kill a variety of insects together with their larvae. For maximum benefits, it is advisable to use the insecticide after dusk.
- Fast-acting and efficient wasp killer
- Ideal for exterminating bees, ants, and other pests
- Strong pungent smell
- KILLS ON CONTACT: Hot Shot Wasp & Hornet Killer controls wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, scorpions, mud daubers and tent caterpillars
- UP TO 27 FOOT JET SPRAY: With a jet spray that reaches up to 27 feet, you can stand a safe distance from the nest
- NON-STAINING: This product is non-staining to most home siding depending on age and cleanliness – before using in areas where spray may contact home siding, test in an inconspicuous area and recheck in a few hours
- FOR OUTDOOR USE: Apply at sunset when insects are least active
- AEROSOL SPRAY: Water-based formula eliminates the nest
A hotshot is a powerful yet very effective instant insect killer. It comes in 17.5 ounces and is designed to kill hornets, wasps, and other insects like scorpions and tent caterpillars.
- Residues of this spray are powerful enough to kill wasps that return to salvage their shelters.
- With its notable 27 feet spray distance, Hot Shot provides an easy way of killing wasps that build nests in high places.
Typically the jet of this spray can reach most top points of a two-story building. You can use it both indoors and outdoors.
Its long spray distance ensures that wasps don’t come after you when you attack them.
Additionally, Hot Shot is water-based and produces a stainless residue. So, you don’t have to worry about ruining your clothes with this spray.
Also, when it gets in contact with the surface, Hot Shot slightly forms foams, which disappear within seconds.
- It’s an instant wasp killer.
- It is water-based hence does not stain clothes or surfaces.
- Its 27 feet spray distance is ideal for reaching the farthest points in the building
- In windy conditions, the spray distance may be reduced
- It may not kill us instantly as it promises
For yellow jackets, consider purchasing from the brands I have reviewed. These are brands that have been tried and tested and have proven to do what they promise.
- This review has got you covered whether the wasps live in high places of the structures or haven in underground nests.
Finally, always remember to read and follow the health and safety precautions that come attached with these insecticides.