For most of us homeowners, hiring a professional bed bug exterminator can be too expensive. Harris Bed Bug Killer asserts to be the best bed bug sprays for DIY projects.
The key active ingredients in Harris Bed Bug Killer are 0.3% Deltamethrin and 98.07 % Inactive Ingredients.
Side note: P F Harris is documented as the oldest company to be registered by EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) to produce pest control substances.
So, let’s check whether Harris Bed Bug Killer is the real deal!
#1: Review Summary
Harris Bed Bug Killer spray, famous as the “vermin slayer,” by PF Harris a range of pests including bed bugs, roaches (check other roach killers), lice, and ants.
Luckily, this insecticide spray won’t poison kids or pets. You can spray on your carpets, furniture, and chairs. It’s easy, and the residue will remain on the surfaces for a long.
However, the success rate of the spray will significantly improve if it’s used in combination with other products like top mattress encasements and approved bed bug traps.
Check Price on Amazon
- It’s suitable for both outdoor and indoor use
- Has long residue effect against bed bugs
- Won’t stain your clothes and fabrics ‘
- It’s odorless despite leaving some mild smell
- Convenient liquid spray with an application nozzle on the container.
- Acts a bed bug deterrent stopping them from spreading carelessly
- Non-staining formula
- Odorless or mild and non-irritating smell
- Long residual effect and works like the contact-killer
- Kills a range of pests including lice and roaches
- Safe to apply around kids and pets
- May leave a mild smile, but the manufacturer claims its odorless
- The packaging is too heavy not suitable for travel
- The spray formula won’t kill bed bug eggs
Caution: Bed bugs have development pesticide resistance over the years. Therefore, it’s advisable to use Harris Bed Bug Killer in combination with other bed bug control products like steamers.
#2: My Detailed Review
1. Non-staining Formula
Harris Bed Bug Killer won’t stain your clothes, fabrics, or linen. The spray formula won’t damage furniture finished despite leaving a residue that’ll be active for long.
The long residue effect (7 to 10 days) means that the formula will continue killing bed bugs over time and won’t require frequent re-application after the first day.
2. Suitable for Indoor and Outdoor Spraying
This product will kill bed bugs excellently for both your outdoor and indoor spaces. I would say that you’ll require to combine this spray with bed bug baits.
However, Harris Bed Bug Killer is more effective in controlling bed bugs in the indoor spaces where roaches tend to create their safe havens.
3. Liquid Spray formula
Being a spray formula, this product will be suitable to spray places that bed bugs are hiding or have created a bug nest. I found the nozzle to be highly convenient in distributing the liquid.
Luckily, the liquid spray tends to dry out just about 5 minutes after the application. Therefore, it’s great to apply to your bedding, mattresses, and furniture.
4. Odorless formula (or mild smell)
In addition to being effective against bed bugs, this product is odorless and non-irritating to both human beings and your pets.
However, some customers note that they experience some mild (though non-irritating) smell, which would disapprove of the “odorless” claim.
#3: My Experience:
1. Deltamethrin irritates the skin
Harris Bed Bug Killer contains the Deltamethrin that tends to irritate the human skin, particularly the eyes, and thus you must take care when spraying or use goggles.
However, the Deltamethrin in this product is less toxic if minimal amounts are eaten or ingested, and that person would tend to vomit a lot to remove the poison.
1. Bed bugs are resistant to Deltamethrin
It’s a common fact that current bed bugs are continually developing resistance against Deltamethrin. Therefore, at the usual dosage, the bed bugs will still endure.
Recent research shows that over 85 percent of the cockroaches don’t die from exposing them to Deltamethrin-containing pesticides while also ranking bed bugs as the worst pests.
1. Harris Bed Bug Killer vs. Ortho Home Defense Dual-Action
Review of Ortho Home Defense Dual-Action
2. Harris Bed Bug Killer vs. Proof Bed Bug Spray