Spectracide Bug Stop Fogger is not a spray but a fogger, or bug bombs, which will claim the ability to permanently kill bed bugs – as one of the best bed bug sprays.
Nevertheless, we know that it leaves no residue and its odorless, but is it effective against bed bugs, their eggs, and nymphs?
So, let’s get down to the review!
#1: Review Summary
Spectracide bug stop fogger produces a mist (fine and penetrating one) that’ll get deep down crevices, mattress encasements, and cracks to remove and exterminate insecticides such as bed bugs. Also, check the follwoing bed bug traps
for a comprehensive treatment of bed bugs
Check Price On Amazon
- Long residue effetc (1 year) for the non-porous surfaces.
- Odorless and non-staining
- Kills a range of pests like ticks, bed bugs, fleas, and spiders
- It’s a contact-killing formula
- Kills a range of household pests including bed bugs, flies, mosquitos and cockroaches
- The fogger will easily spread to all parts of your house
- Doesn’t leave a residue and hence will not damage your upholstery
- It’ll kill the bed bugs on contact
- Lacks a quick knockdown effect
#2: My Detailed Review
1. Non-staining and No odor (Quite long)
Spectracide Bug Stop produces a fine mist that’ll cover various surfaces to kill bed bugs but won’t stain the clothing, furniture, linens, bedspreads, beds, and carpets.
Therefore, the insecticide reduces the cost of cleaning that would be required after treating the areas for bed bugs. Further, the cost of replacing stained objects like clothes will be significantly reduced.
2. On-contact Extermination Formula
Spectracide Bug Stop readily kills all the fleas, their eggs, and larvae through the on-contact extermination method that’s easy and highly effective.
In addition, this insecticide will kill a range of other pets (equally through on-contact extermination) including different flying and crawling insects.
3. Deep Reaching Formula
The fogger produces a fine mist that’ll penetrate deep into the bed bug’s hiding places such as crevices and cracks, or even smaller crannies and nooks.
Therefore, the insecticide will readily reach the hard places that tend to host bed bugs, their eggs, and the larvae preparing to bring up another dangerous population.
Related: Bed Bug Pictures
#3: My Experience:
1. Has a 2-weeks residue effect
Despite that Spectracide Bug Stop is marketed as an on-contact extermination solution for bed bugs, it also has a long residue effect – going up to 2 weeks.
Therefore, you’ll need to apply the fogger in the recommended spaces (areas) after 2 weeks where it’ll kill all the adult bed bug and the sterile bed bugs or roaches.
1. Is Spectracide Bug Stop Effective in cars?
The short answer is, YES! Just 1 Spectracide Bug Stop fogger will readily treat your car from all bed bugs and their larvae growing around. However, you’ll need to leave the car trunk and the windows open.
However, you should be aware that the Spectracide Bug Stop fogger is meant to treat a confined space like a 5 x 5 rooms and thus, you’ll have to leave your car unused for 3-4 days after bombing the bed bugs.
2. Spectracide Bug Stop Fogger vs. Proof Bed Bug Spray